L0054 delivered 2-3-20

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
I, inadvertently, was causing another thread to go a bit off topic, so here is a new thread dealing with the delivery of L0054.

As with everyone else on the Forum, my experience with the entire Ford team, Multimatic, the folks from Jackson Dawson -- specifically, Jessica Taylor and Bernardo Martinez -- was amazing! I am at a loss to suggest how anything associated the experience could be improved... well, okay, perhaps waiting for our GT to become a reality was a bit of a challenge!

Additionally, having DBK and the Ford GT Forum as a clearinghouse for accurate information throughout the entire process was worth its weight in gold!

Anyway, L0054 is, obviously, a Carbon Series GT. It is painted with an extended palette color called Highland Green. Highland Green is a 1968 Ford color. The color's very strong Ford heritage notwithstanding, it is still considered to be an extended palette color, and you know what that mean$!

Real Ford/Shelby aficionados will recognize the very special guest who traveled to Multimatic along with me and my family for the tour.

Here is a link to the photos....

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Congrats!!! It is beautiful.

Joe

Reactions: lc2006

SAGT

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2009
Love the color! My wife and I saw yours while at the plant. She really wanted to take it home!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Looks terrific, Lee! Congratulations!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great color, Congratulations!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
So you’re the Highland Green customer. When I was taking my plant tour in October 2019, I saw an employee carrying sprayouts so I stopped her and asked her what she had in her hands? Highland Green was one of them. I wondered when you would turn up? Congratulations she is beautiful. I also really enjoyed your application video and I hope your daughters let you drive this one. Just fyi Calypso Coral was the other sprayout in her hands. Can’t wait to see that one as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lc2006 and Stef

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
As mentioned in the other thread, awesome build. Congrats.

Vince H

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Beautiful build!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Great choice in color! Congratulations!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow! Great combo Lee! And you and Bernardo could be related! 😂

Reactions: Ed Sims

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Congrats and a hug welcome to the NFGT family. Enjoy her with family and friends!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I saw it last week at MM before it headed out. It caught my eye for sure!! Congrats on the delivery!!

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Love the color! My wife and I saw yours while at the plant. She really wanted to take it home!
Lol! My wife and I saw a teal-colored GT while we were at the plant. My wife wanted to take THAT car home! Supposedly, the teal is a Ford color. I have no idea whose GT it is... we were simply told that the owner is female.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
So you’re the Highland Green customer. When I was taking my plant tour in October 2019, I saw an employee carrying sprayouts so I stopped her and asked her what she had in her hands? Highland Green was one of them. I wondered when you would turn up? Congratulations she is beautiful. I also really enjoyed your application video and I hope your daughters let you drive this one. Just fyi Calypso Coral was the other sprayout in her hands. Can’t wait to see that one as well.
Thanks! It was tough to get those Highland Green sprayouts... I kept saying "Highland Green", but everyone else kept saying "Dark Highland Green." They are not the same colors. I wanted the original 1968 color... not the current Bullitt Mustang color; although that color is stunning.

L0054 will sit for the next 30 days prior to getting clear film. Nonetheless, my twin daughters have been fighting for months over who will get to drive the car home after the film is applied. I do hope that they will let me drive the GT someday! One can only hope!
Cheers,
Lee

Reactions: JWZ

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Incredible....wish i was picked ! Lucky man !

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Wow! Great combo Lee! And you and Bernardo could be related! 😂
Not so sure how Bernardo might feel about that comment! Despite appearances, Brenardo and I are not wearing the same style shirts in that photo. It was a fun day that I will not soon forget!
LC

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Congrats and a hug welcome to the NFGT family. Enjoy her with family and friends!!
Thank you for the kind words! We intend to drive the wheels off of her! Nothing in our garage sits still for very long!
Lee

Reactions: Ed Sims

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
I saw it last week at MM before it headed out. It caught my eye for sure!! Congrats on the delivery!!
Thanks, Special K. I hope that you enjoyed the plant... it is a fascinating place for sure!
Cheers,
Lee

Reactions: Special K

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Great color, Congratulations!
Thank you. Is that your Bullitt clone that you posted the photo of on the other thread? That is a great looking car!
LC

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Congrats