Kick Panel Removal

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I need to pull both the drivers side and passengers side kick panels in the footwell (warranty replacement). Anything special about pulling them that I should know?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Take out the smart junction box cover plate first on the passenger side. The plastic on it is covered with some black goo glue, so if you get any you, have some kind of solvent handy to get it off. I like lighter fluid or some form of nafta (but not the banned napalm).

Aug 25, 2006
I need to pull both the drivers side and passengers side kick panels in the footwell (warranty replacement). Anything special about pulling them that I should know?

I saw this thread and initially moved on however I am back because to remove the leather kick panels without damage you need to remove the door sills as a portion of the kick panels are secured under them.

Remove the polished stainless strips, remove the Torx, remove the sill, then the SJB cover on the passenger side and NADA on the driver side and then carefully pull them out as they are secured with a couple black press-in retainers.

I hope that this helps; FYI the leather trim panels are as I recall in excess of $1500.00 each so take your time.

All the best

Shadowman

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Thanks - that was the information that I needed.

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks - that was the information that I needed.

You are welcome

Takes care

Shadowman