Keys inside a dead GT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DUH, what am I thinking? You're absolutely right. Never considered this aspect before.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Use the new valet key to open the hood/trunk. Remove the liner and put a charger on the battery. Set it at 2A or less. Pop the lock, remove the charger immediately. Put the supplied charger on the car and walk away with the radio and all other electrical off.

Come back three days later. You will be good to go.

I'm an expert on paragraph 1. This protects you rom breaking the valet key off in the door.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I too thought the valet key would break off, but after I realized it took about the same anount of pressure to turn the key as it does to push in the old mechanical button openers on an older car, it opened easy.

Also once the battery is dead and the door actuators don't work due to no power (ie doors are locked) even charging the battery will not return the them to the unlocked stage. Once the battery is charged with the keys locked inside, you must use the valet key or the fob (if it wasn't locked inside).

Check my friggin' 12 page battery thread from awhile back. :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Keys Locked In Car

Did you hear the one about the Chevy owner who locked his keys in the car?

It took him 5 hours to get his family out!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Get your dad a radio to listen to while in his garage. And ask him to drive the car, life is too short. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Good point Ed, we didn't ask him if anyone was in the FGT :)

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
why not call a locksmith? find one that has a 10 cut ford decoder and he can cut a key on the spot.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
why not call a locksmith? find one that has a 10 cut ford decoder and he can cut a key on the spot.

Use some C4 :thumbsup