Jason's Auto Spa Recent Details / Updates

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
I think Jason needs to start franchising his business so others can
access this great service. What about the first one being in Atlanta? ;)

Last edited:

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I think Jason needs to start franchising his business so others can
access this great service. What about the first one being in Atlanta? ;)
I am currently working towards making an Atlanta trip happen for March 2010. Is there something I can do for you if I'm out there?

Thanks!

Jason

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Just a little touch up work today on a C5. Removed the wheels, cleaned the inner wheel barrels and detailed the inner fender well, suspension components, sway bar end links, etc... and then mounted and torqued the wheels to 100 ft/lbs. in a star pattern.

gcc5-1.jpg

gcc5-2.jpg

gcc5-3.jpg

gcc5-4.jpg

gcc5-5.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What products did you use, on the wheels and wheel wells. Currently doing the SAME thing to an old "fox" body that I have.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
What products did you use, on the wheels and wheel wells. Currently doing the SAME thing to an old "fox" body that I have.
Amazing Roll-off for the wheels, P21s Total Auto Wash & Adam's Undercarriage for the inner wheel wells.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
2 of the 3 I have never heard of, Where can they be sourced? (other than the 21S

Thanks!

Amazing Roll-off for the wheels, P21s Total Auto Wash & Adam's Undercarriage for the inner wheel wells.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
2 of the 3 I have never heard of, Where can they be sourced? (other than the 21S

Thanks!
Amazing Roll-off: http://www.boatfix.com/shop3/store/listItems.asp?strSearch=318-ROQT
Adam's UC: http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-61-adams-invisible-undercarriage-spray.aspx

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ordering today, thanks!

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
I am currently working towards making an Atlanta trip happen for March 2010. Is there something I can do for you if I'm out there?

Thanks!

Jason

Jason,

Once we have a firm date I will spread the word here in Atlanta!

Rich

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Jason,

Once we have a firm date I will spread the word here in Atlanta!

Rich
Thanks Rich!

Just a small update...

Detailed a 215,893 mile Buick. Won't post the pictures here unless you want to lose your breakfast. :eek Click here :ack

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Detailed & Delivered!

Detailed & Delivered - metalman's 2006 Ford GT :thumbsup

ATTG_01.jpg

ATTG_02.jpg

ATTG_03.jpg

ATTG_04.jpg

ATTG_05.jpg

ATTG_06.jpg

ATTG_07.jpg

ATTG_08.jpg

ATTG_09.jpg

ATTG_010.jpg

ATTG_011.jpg

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Brake Rotor Polishing

As some of you know, we offer a unique service for drilled and slotted rotors called brake rotor polishing. It's a process we've been doing for about two years now and it really makes the rotors stand out in a great way. The holes and slots are polished out with various tools and clear coated with a high-temperature header paint designed to withstand 1300-2000*F. After the holes dry, the rotor is hand-sanded to ensure that only the insides of the holes and slots remain clear coated while the rest of the brake rotor's surface does not. The pad does not enter these holes or slots but they must withstand a great amount of heat which is why we use header paint inside of them. In this example, we also polished the Aluminum CCW wheels to restore and brighten them up!

C525_1.jpg

C525_5.jpg

C525_2.jpg

C525_3.jpg

C525_4.jpg

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Hey Jason I need to get some over the tire hold downs this week. I like the ones you show in the picture on the GT. Can you shot me a link if you recal where you got them?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Hey Jason I need to get some over the tire hold downs this week. I like the ones you show in the picture on the GT. Can you shot me a link if you recal where you got them?
Yep - http://www.truckntow.com/pc-19349-147167-vulcan-proseries-single-strap-tie-down-we-fittings.aspx

As you can see it requires the vertical style E-track on the floor. I ended up getting four rows to accommodate just about any ride. Let me know if I can help out any further Tom :thumbsup

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Detailed & Delivered - metalman's 2006 Ford GT :thumbsup

ATTG_07.jpg

I really didn't get the trailer idea when jason first announced it a while back. I thought, who is going to trust their GT to be taken away on a trailer just to be detailed. Boy was I wrong, I have been working with Jason for several years now and his trailer service is top notch. It really worked out great for me and I never thought about my car once while it was in Jason's care.

Thanks Jason! :thumbsup

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I really didn't get the trailer idea when jason first announced it a while back. I thought, who is going to trust their GT to be taken away on a trailer just to be detailed. Boy was I wrong, I have been working with Jason for several years now and his trailer service is top notch. It really worked out great for me and I never thought about my car once while it was in Jason's care.

Thanks Jason!
Thank you for the kind words Tony! I appreciate your business and I am proud to have earned your trust over the years :thumbsup

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Detailed! Our very own...

Custom 40' Enclosed Gooseneck Trailer & 2006 Dodge Ram 3500

Our truck and enclosed trailer have been hard at work delivering clean vehicles throughout Winter to homes all over Chicagoland. It has endured the brutal Winter and constant road salt applications so your vehicle can arrive safely back at your home without a drop of anything on it!

Here are a few before shots of what it looked like to start. They've both made some very long trips recently and needed a lot of attention.

AeT_1.jpg

AeT_2.jpg

AeT_3.jpg

Here I am beginning to clean the panels with a boars hair brush after allowing them about 10 minutes to pre-soak with a diluted mixture of Amazing Roll-off. ARO helps loosen dirt on contact and is completely safe for all finishes when diluted properly and makes washing dirty vehicles or large vehicles much easier with better results per pass. This service is standard in our Stage V Detailing Package.

AeT_4.jpg

Rinsing off:

AeT_5.jpg

Quite a bit of time has passed and now the truck is cleaned up too. It also received an ARO pre-soak to start, but was washed with a brand new sheepskin wash mitt and not the boars hair brush.

AeT_6.jpg

AeT_7.jpg

The interior was swept and mopped, switch plates cleaned up, and everything given a general wipe down.

AeT_8.jpg

AeT_9.jpg

The truck and trailer were coated in Zaino Z-CS (Clear Seal), Zaino Z-16 on the tires, and a lot more time on the inner wheel wells and rims (All 10 of them!)

AeT_10.jpg

AeT_11.jpg

AeT_12.jpg

AeT_13.jpg

AeT_14.jpg

AeT_15.jpg

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Detailed & Delivered!

2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
Grigio Telesto

I detailed this Superleggera with our Stage V Detail Package and some additional CCR time on the paintwork, plastic, and carbon fiber.

First is the walk around to observe anything unusual or areas that will need more attention than others. To start off, the license plate was removed first thing to get ready for cleaning.

a_legg-1.jpg

Inspecting the front end for bugs, other contaminants, scratches, and chips.

a_legg-2.jpg

I was able to see the damage to the paintwork and carbon fiber with our 3M Sun Gun. We'll fix these later, but for now here is what the paint condition was initially:

a_legg-3.jpg

a_legg-4.jpg

a_legg-5.jpg

a_legg-7.jpg

Light scratches on the tail lamp:

a_legg-6.jpg

Carbon Fiber: (Light scratches)

a_legg-8.jpg

Engine Compartment:

a_legg-9.jpg

a_legg-10.jpg

a_legg-11.jpg

a_legg-12.jpg

a_legg-13.jpg

a_legg-14.jpg

Interior:

a_legg-15.jpg

a_legg-16.jpg

a_legg-17.jpg

a_legg-18.jpg

a_legg-19.jpg

First thing is to get the engine compartment cleaned up. First is a thorough inspection using light when needed to ensure all electrical connections, grommets, caps, dipsticks, etc.. are all secured so water does not end up where it shouldn't be. Air intake hoses and clamps are also inspected at this time.

a_legg-20.jpg

a_legg-21.jpg

a_legg-22.jpg

Beginning the engine rinse, light degreaser, and scrub:

a_legg-23.jpg

a_legg-24.jpg

a_legg-25.jpg

a_legg-26.jpg

a_legg-27.jpg

a_legg-28.jpg

The degreaser is rinsed off, everything is blow dried, and a non-glossy plastic protectant is applied for an OEM look that repels dust.

a_legg-29.jpg

a_legg-30.jpg

a_legg-31.jpg

a_legg-32.jpg

a_legg-33.jpg

a_legg-76.jpg

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
The wheels were the dirtiest part on the outside and because there were so many spokes, I decided it would be best to pre-soak the wheels and clean them individually with the Swissvax Wheel Brush.

a_legg-34.jpg

a_legg-35.jpg

a_legg-36.jpg

a_legg-37.jpg

a_legg-38.jpg

a_legg-39.jpg

a_legg-40.jpg

The Stage V Detailing Package comes with five brand new genuine sheepskin wash mitts to be used during the foam gun hand wash. Normally these are divided among the wheels but since the wheels are already clean, they were divided among the vehicle top to bottom. We have ten fresh, soapy sides of the wash mitt and no risk of grit inside of buckets, plus the customer gets to keep the wash mitts!

a_legg-40.jpg

a_legg-41.jpg

a_legg-42.jpg

a_legg-43.jpg

a_legg-44.jpg

a_legg-45.jpg

a_legg-46.jpg

a_legg-47.jpg

a_legg-48.jpg

The exterior panels were blow dried, including the wheels:

a_legg-49.jpg

We have started the clay bar on the windshield and will clay all of the exterior glass, followed by the paintwork.

a_legg-50.jpg

a_legg-51.jpg

a_legg-52.jpg

a_legg-53.jpg

a_legg-54.jpg

First we need to determine that the vehicle is safe for polishing and that there are no big thickness variances or thin spots. For this we use our DeFelkso Positector Ultrasonic Depth Gauge.

a_legg-56.jpg
a_legg-57.jpg

Now that the surface is free of stuck-on contamination, we can begin polishing to restore the finish of the clear coat. This process took hours alone to do properly.

a_legg-55.jpg

a_legg-58.jpg

a_legg-59.jpg

a_legg-60.jpg

a_legg-61.jpg

a_legg-62.jpg

a_legg-63.jpg

a_legg-64.jpg

a_legg-65.jpg

a_legg-66.jpg

The carbon fiber also has light scratches that we will restore:

a_legg-67.jpg

a_legg-68.jpg

a_legg-69.jpg

Tail lamp lenses have light scratches in them that can be polished away:

a_legg-70.jpg

a_legg-71.jpg

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
After the polishing of everything is finished, the green tape is removed and the vehicle is entirely re-washed with foam, water, and another brand new wash mitt.

a_legg-72.jpg

a_legg-73.jpg

Detailed the wheels, tires, and wheel wells:

a_legg-74.jpg
a_legg-75.jpg

Each honeycomb hole in the front and rear grille panels is individually cleaned and protected.

a_legg-77.jpg

Trunk finished:

a_legg-78.jpg

a_legg-79.jpg

Detailing the interior:

a_legg-81.jpg

a_legg-82.jpg

a_legg-83.jpg

a_legg-84.jpg

a_legg-85.jpg

a_legg-86.jpg

a_legg-87.jpg

a_legg-88.jpg

a_legg-89.jpg

Some finished exterior pictures. I'll get more of them, along with delivery pictures, when I deliver it back.

a_legg-90.jpg

a_legg-91.jpg

a_legg-92.jpg

a_legg-93.jpg

a_legg-94.jpg

a_legg-95.jpg

a_legg-96.jpg