its official !!!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
i officially ordered my saleen parnelli jones edition this morning
the dealership in michigan that did the paper work on my extreme, gave me the best price on the parnelli.
it is to be built sometime in early october.
out of the 500 to be made, there are 407 orders in for them so far--oops make that 408--lol.
ps--has anyother gt owners ordered one ????

http://teamsaleen@saleen.com/

sam
#1451----red/white
#003-------extreme saleen
parnelli jones---on order

Last edited:

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Read about it. Saw photos in magazines. Never saw it online.

- doc

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
samthejeepman said:
i officially ordered my saleen parnelli jones edition this morning
the dealership in michigan that did the paper work on my extreme, gave me the best price on the parnelli.
it is to be built sometime in early october.
out of the 500 to be made, there are 407 orders in for them so far--oops make that 408--lol.
ps--has anyother gt owners ordered one ????

http://teamsaleen@saleen.com/

sam
#1451----red/white
#003-------extreme saleen
parnelli jones---on order

congrats sam, when I saw it at the rally I was impressed, enjoy!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Way to go Sam :cheers ! I saw the the car at thye rally and loved it. I'd post the picture but it's to big!

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats Sam. I saw it at the NY auto show. A beautiful car! :thumbsup

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
thx everyone
i was drooling when i saw it at saleen during the world famous ralley
i think it will make a nice addition to the collection, especially with only 500 being produced !

i'll send pictures of it when it gets here in nov.

sam
#1451----------red/white
#003--------extreme saleen
parnelli jones-------on order

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
I bought one of the very first ones. Bought it at the NY auto show back in April. A week or so later I got my black GT. Mmmm, lots of cars here.
Tom

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
hi tom
bought first of what ???
the one and only mule(press car) parnelli jones was displayed at the new york car show, but they are only going into production starting oct 1st of this year.
please explain

ps--mike (n.c.)--if you have a picture of it at saleen, please send it to me, i will down size it and put it into my log book that i've started for the car--thank you

sam

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
samthejeepman said:
hi tom
bought first of what ???
the one and only mule(press car) parnelli jones was displayed at the new york car show, but they are only going into production starting oct 1st of this year.
please explain

ps--mike (n.c.)--if you have a picture of it at saleen, please send it to me, i will down size it and put it into my log book that i've started for the car--thank you

sam

Sam, send me an email to Bonyhadi@gmail.com and I will forward my Saleen pictures as well. BEAU-TI-FUL car... enjoy it

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Great choice Sam! First the extreme, now this :biggrin I've got to hand it to Saleen with the latest stuff they have. I was never crazy about the older cars, but the Extreme, the Heritage, the Parnelli...they're all fantastic.

GT_Rally_079.jpg

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
thx for all the wonderful comments
man it feels good to belong to such a great brotherhood that really treats each and every member as if they are close family !!!
thx for the picture dave, i already down loaded a copy and it is now my screen saver.
i'm pretty excited about it, can't wait till it gets here so i can put it in with my gt, extreme and 73 mach 1.
i might be out there in a few weeks, i'll call you if it happens

thx again
sam
#1451---------red/white
#003--------extreem saleen
parnelli jones-------on order

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sam-

Do you know what kind (and size) wheels those are on the PJ car? Might look good on my GT500.

Thx-

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
PJ Mustang

Sam - you're one lucky guy - Extreme looked so good on your trailer leaving The Ritz. And the Parnelli Boss 302 coming your way in a few weeks. That car just blew me away at the Saleen open house. I'll forward some photo's to you - when I learn how. Jeff

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Sorry for the confusion. I should have said I ordered one of the first Parnelli Jones mustangs at the auto show.
Tom

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
Sam-

Do you know what kind (and size) wheels those are on the PJ car? Might look good on my GT500.

Thx-

The original Boss Trans Am cars ran Minilites... Wonder if they are made by them of a replication? They look sharp! :wink

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
wow--i thought i was the only screwball that loved that car---ya sure can tell we are all certified car crazy--hehehehehe
bony--thx a ton for the picture--great shot
chris--not sure who manufactured the wheels, i was led to believe that they are a saleen design, but i will get more info for you
the wheels are 19x9 front and 19x10 rear.
i had thought the same thing about the 20's on the extreme, but i was told the bolt pattern was different for the mustang and the gt(40), so i would assume the same holds true for this new parnelli.
the wait is already killing me, but like they say--"all good things come in time"
i just read through all the info saleen sent me the wheels are "minilite" ????

thx again all

sam
#1451---------red/white
#003--------extreme saleen
parnelli jones------on order

Last edited:

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
Congrats Sam, it beauty, good luck with it.

Milton