It's official, 2005 FGT 1343 is mine

PA32Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2022
Glendora, CA
After having 2 get poor PPI results and one sold from under me after deposit I finally secured my White/Blue Ford GT. I have wanted one of these cars since they were released, not sure why I waited so long to get one over the years.
NAI-Ford-gt-014.jpg

Having new tires installed and the bonnet adjusted before I decide to ship her or fly out and drive her the 1,400 miles home.

She will be in good company with SPF GT40
GT40.jpg

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Congratulations on the purchase, your patience has been rewarded!

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Congrats.. Always worth the wait. New tires and enjoy driving as everyone here does.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Congrats! She's a beauty!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Awesome. Now the fun begins.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Congrats! Looks like a 288 GTO behind it in one picture.
I flew one way and drove mine 500 miles home...what a trip!
Don't forget to pop the hatch after stopping for gas to keep the plastic vent trim pieces from warping.
Any stories about where you got it/How you found this one?

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Check the power steering return line hose. make sure it isn't sticky and weeping.

Reactions: GT Tech

PA32Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2022
Glendora, CA
Congrats! Looks like a 288 GTO behind it in one picture.
I flew one way and drove mine 500 miles home...what a trip!
Don't forget to pop the hatch after stopping for gas to keep the plastic vent trim pieces from warping.
Any stories about where you got it/How you found this one?

I'm wanting to drive it home, be from Texas to California, and a beautiful drive with some open roads.

I was thinking of ordering the billet side vents to eliminate the future warping issue.

No big story, I wanted White/Blue and now a low mileage garage queen as I drive my cars. This one has 6k miles and I plan on adding plenty more.

Reactions: extrap

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Love the GT40!!! Great photo.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations on making your dream come true. Nice SPF GT40 I see it is LHD. I have a RHD drive ordered to be built December this year. More pictures please. Curios about the mirror location compared to fuel cap?

PA32Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2022
Glendora, CA
Congratulations on making your dream come true. Nice SPF GT40 I see it is LHD. I have a RHD drive ordered to be built December this year. More pictures please. Curios about the mirror location compared to fuel cap?

Nice! Fun car, I have mine taken apart right now as I am replacing the clutch. When you install your drivetrain have them do the external slave, they leak, and you can change them in 30 minutes instead of 15 hours.

The mirror is just in front of the gas cap.

Here is my Testarossa and GT40
IMG-5469.jpg

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats, you will find the 05 GT a pleasure to drive compared to the raw horsepower of the GT40.

Revans427

Oct 28, 2020
Congrats!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Three words: drive it home! Then drive it to the next Rally. Then drive it to/from work. Just drive the snot out of it!

I have 75,000+ (s)miles on mine, and I only regret not driving it more.

BTW, why are you replacing the clutch at only 6000 miles?

Reactions: GT Tech

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think the OP is replacing the clutch on the GT 40, not the GT.

Reactions: PeteK

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice! Fun car, I have mine taken apart right now as I am replacing the clutch. When you install your drivetrain have them do the external slave, they leak, and you can change them in 30 minutes instead of 15 hours.

The mirror is just in front of the gas cap.

Here is my Testarossa and GT40
IMG-5469.jpg

What configuration do you have? I had a HTOB setup in my Cobra and after two sets of gaskets going out (they are notoriously difficult to get aligned and time consuming to replace) I swapped it out for the traditional master/slave setup.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I had Pantera...so my wife said a GT40 was too similar (spartan), until she saw the 2006 GT!

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Congrats..If Dfw Area is in your route be glad to help out if needed.......

PA32Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2022
Glendora, CA
What configuration do you have? I had a HTOB setup in my Cobra and after two sets of gaskets going out (they are notoriously difficult to get aligned and time consuming to replace) I swapped it out for the traditional master/slave setup.

RBT transmission with GT40 bell housing that bolts through the frame. Have to remove clamshell, motor mounts, jack up the motor and remove entire bell housing and transmission together to access HTOB that is internal.

You can get the external setup and upgraded shifting linkage from Olthoff Racing.

zl0w27lMq03B.jpg

cl51xa8EQHZw.jpg

fo3CcR4bqzMz.jpg

mMxKS65edePq.jpg

5CP6RihGPlQi.jpg

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
IMO, 05/06 FGT is the best supercar ever! I believe it’s the only one built in compliance with full SAE standards, so is therefore as reliable as any sedan. That’s why you should drive the crap out of it. Unlike other “desirable” exotics, you can’t kill ‘em!