It's Getting Real Now!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Genuinely, that exact idea/phrase is already in the plans!

I rode up the hill at this year’s FOS behind Bruno in a Senna. At the start line he did the most epic burnout. He told me that he had it in fifth gear with the speedo registering 130mph at a standstill on the starting line! A beast indeed!

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
I rode up the hill at this year’s FOS behind Bruno in a Senna. At the start line he did the most epic burnout. He told me that he had it in fifth gear with the speedo registering 130mph at a standstill on the starting line! A beast indeed!

I'm not sure I'd risk going to fifth, but it's actually quite easy to really light up the rears of a McLaren like this - I got through a set of rear tyres on my 675LT in a day going a bit overkill with it :biggrin

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK

Yup! I am literally glued to YouTube and watching every single video that gets posted with "Ford GT" in the title, description or tags. Although, it finds a lot of "Ford Mustang GT" as well...

However, at the time I'm writing, I believe my car should now have cleared UK customs which means into around a 10 day countdown for me!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
The excitement is growing ...

Did you notice you may get your car when the new application period closes ?

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
The excitement is growing ...

Did you notice you may get your car when the new application period closes ?

Very aware! Originally I wasn't expecting it until 2019, up to the point at which I got the call about the order kit coming and delivery due in November. The cynic in me presumed that was in order to get it here so that I'd be making many videos about it at the time the order period was open...

However a few delays at Multimatic and it'll now be presented on my channel the day after the order window closes!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Approx 2 weeks and with each day passing it‘s one day less :willy

Too bad that the weather isn‘t inviting for a drive, but 1st world luxury problems

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
A few more delays have hit my delivery, it's funny seeing the K cars coming through before my J one touches down. Maybe another 10 days or so from now but I've learned to sit back and not assume anything now - it'll get here when it gets here.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Sorry to hear that - the most relaxing way to deal with the situation is having a cup of tea - now and then.

Looking forward to the pictures when its arrived - soon...

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
It will be well worth the wait. Again a gorgeous spec in person. Real jaw dropper.

Vince H

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
It will be well worth the wait. Again a gorgeous spec in person. Real jaw dropper.

Vince H

You know, I don't think Tim has seen the Liquid Red in the Sun still. It will be a double pleasure for him to see it in all it's glory after all of this wait... providing the UK gets some sun this time of year. :lol

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK

Vince H

Having still not seen it in person, I am having far too many sleepless nights as a result!

However, I have every bit of confidence that the wait of almost 3 years since the application went in is going to be well and truly worthwhile, and one of the things that matters the least about waiting slightly longer is knowing that I will be the custodian of the car for decades to come and in the bigger picture it's just a small period of waiting.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
You know, I don't think Tim has seen the Liquid Red in the Sun still. It will be a double pleasure for him to see it in all it's glory after all of this wait... providing the UK gets some sun this time of year. :lol

Correct... a December delivery isn't the best for that though! However I appreciated the photos in another thread of the Liquid Red GT alongside a Volcano Red McLaren - a colour I am very familiar with.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
It's time!

I've now seen Liquid Red in person, and am very, very, very pleased with making that choice. The real sleepless nights happen now, but fortunately there are only 2 of them.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Like Xmas. Enjoy them.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It's time!

I've now seen Liquid Red in person, and am very, very, very pleased with making that choice. The real sleepless nights happen now, but fortunately there are only 2 of them.

..... :pop:pop

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
I'm sorry, that was a bit of a cliffhanger, but I guess it is for me too!

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
I'm sorry, that was a bit of a cliffhanger, but I guess it is for me too!

Is tomorrow the big day?

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Is tomorrow the big day?

Yep! Posting it online on Sunday evening though

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Lovin my liquid red GT. break-in miles behind me and not time for some fun in the sun