Is it a FGT or a GGT

laniakea

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 11, 2009
I am getting ready to register my GT, which FINALLY arrived yesterday and noticed the title shows the model as a GGT. Everyone in the forum refers to the car as an FGT. Is this a typo on the paperwork or is the model a GGT?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have never seen any reference to GGT on anything. Don't know where that designation would come from.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My guess would be a typo, my first reg. showed up with the car listed as a Mustang GT.

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
The lady at our local DMV had no idea how to register the GT, so she did it as a Mustang GT. Saved a ton on registration.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The lady at our local DMV had no idea how to register the GT, so she did it as a Mustang GT. Saved a ton on registration.

Just make sure your INSURANCE COMPANY know's what it really is!!!!!!

Oh...wait a minute...who do I think I'm "typing" to! :rofl

laniakea

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 11, 2009
In New Mexico the registration and excise tax are based on the sale price of the vehicle as shown on the bill of sale so I won't save any money from incorrect title wording or lettering. Just wonderering what everyone else's title shows?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In New Mexico the registration and excise tax are based on the sale price of the vehicle as shown on the bill of sale so I won't save any money from incorrect title wording or lettering. Just wonderering what everyone else's title shows?

Mine showed FGT.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
In Texas, many of them have a model designation of GGT, apparently the default setting in the DMV computer. I was told that they either need 3 letters or it was a typo and they don't care about fixing it. They said I could get it fixed but would have to pay for the new title as they don't consider it an important field. All that really matters is that the VIN is right.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Maybe that makes it collectible like a $3 bill?