IRL at Texas Motor Speedway 2008

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
We went to the race last Saturday. It was way less crowded than Indy and we could see the entire track from row 16. The facilities are also way newer than indy. If anyone wants to come next year I can check into getting a suite.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd be interested Bullitt.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'll ask how many a suite holds and how much. Corvettes did a parade lap before the race. I will insist that is in the deal for us.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Get me on the track and I'm there :banana

I'll ask how many a suite holds and how much. Corvettes did a parade lap before the race. I will insist that is in the deal for us.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I'm in, understand my car will run faster in Texas than in any other state:lol :rofl :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think I could be persuaded.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Me too.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
uhhhhh thats a no brainer. count #65 in ....:thumbsup

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'm in, understand my car will run faster in Texas than in any other state:lol :rofl :lol

Thats because there are no rules here. Speed limit 999.

Why hasn't Spirit chimed in yet? Maybe it is too close. If it's not over 1,000 mi he is not interested.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I have emailed the marketing people requseting the following:

1) Parade Lap before the race.
2) Hot laps the day after.
3) Either a suite or condo space (The condo is at turn 2)
4) protected parking
5) How much

I'll post when I get an answer.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thats because there are no rules here. Speed limit 999.

Why hasn't Spirit chimed in yet? Maybe it is too close. If it's not over 1,000 mi he is not interested.

OK Bullitt, you have "shamed" me into it, even if it is only 300 miles from our place.

I'm In !!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just talked to a friend of mine who belongs to a local Vette club. They rented the entire track for 8 hours and had full use of the track all day for $5000. There were about 100 of them so each paid $50. They were restricted to following a pace car but they could go as fast as the slowest driver. He said 145 was no problem and they could have gone faster if they could have gotten the slowpokes off the track.

Might be a little more expensive per person for us (less cars) but if the pace cars could keep up it might be worth it.

Bullitt, maybe you could ask them how that works when you talk to them.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Count me in since I live here in Fort Worth! AC

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I just talked to a friend of mine who belongs to a local Vette club. They rented the entire track for 8 hours and had full use of the track all day for $5000. There were about 100 of them so each paid $50. They were restricted to following a pace car but they could go as fast as the slowest driver. He said 145 was no problem and they could have gone faster if they could have gotten the slowpokes off the track.

Might be a little more expensive per person for us (less cars) but if the pace cars could keep up it might be worth it.

Bullitt, maybe you could ask them how that works when you talk to them.

I also belong to SCMC and AUSTINSVT. We could invite some serious svt hardware to drop the numbers, but if 50 of us show that would only be $100. I'll work on them about this.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
8 hrs on the track with 20 GTs is worth $250 to me...easy. Even at 10 Gt's it is cheaper than we could get training for that many hours.

To me, it would be more fun to have all GT's. At least I know everybody out there has a deep fear (just like me) of scratching their babies. I'm not so sure about the SVT group.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
8 hrs on the track with 20 GTs is worth $250 to me...easy. Even at 10 Gt's it is cheaper than we could get training for that many hours.

To me, it would be more fun to have all GT's. At least I know everybody out there has a deep fear (just like me) of scratching their babies. I'm not so sure about the SVT group.

Ok, plus we might be able to get a decent showing of Gts only. How many folks are in the DFW group? We also have not heard anything from Houston owners yet.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
We had about 15 show up for another TMS event.

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
i might come hang out again!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Sorry, I'm late hopping on this thread. Count me in (see Fred, you will have to drive farther than me and you live in Texas). I agree with Fubar - all GT's would be a good match. I hate traffic on the track!:lol :lol :lol

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I feel the need...

Because it NEEDS to!!!

I'd ease up on the Makers Mark before you tell all those Longhorn and Aggie jokes.

I'm with DBK, get me on the track, put me in a suite, feed me good food, make sure the nice selection of imported beers is ice cold, and keep me out of jail. IndyCar racing in Texas sounds like a blast, put me down.

Chip