International MXT

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Wow, saw one of these on the road, very neat trucks... Anyone own one of these..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can't remember if he still does or even actually did, but I thought at one point PeakCompletions did.

I went to lunch with Shelby a couple years ago in Arkansas, and we took one he had. It was a mammoth beast. If you want all the chicks in Arkansas, get that thing. It rode surprisingly nice.

!!gCuZ3!EGE~$(KGrHqQH-DgEvrb2CLuOBL-pVkq0v!~~_4.JPG

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Peak doesn't have one, but I did own that blue one for a couple months and drove it several times and even pulled one of my twin engine boats with it. It is a beast of a truck

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Mxt

How was the ride overall for what it is? Also who can service these trucks? Thx

TrackAire

Oct 20, 2010
Since they kind of look like an H1, I was thinking of replacing my H1 and F350 with one of these. They are pricey and hold their value but the biggest problem is they are not a horsepower king. They us a very similar version of the 6.0 Powerstroke found in the pickups and have a lower hp rating but maybe more torque IIRC. For towing a large trailer, you want at least 375 to 400 hp (like a new Superduty or Duramax) so you can climb hills easily while towing and not hold up traffic. They are very heavy and the 40" tires sap the power, even with the lower gearing.

Regarding the ride, they can be softened up with new leaf springs from Deaver Spring and one guy in SoCal put air ride all around. The owner of a shop called Outlaw Offroad has one...you might want to call them since they've modified units with King Shocks, etc.

Overall, if they had a 400 hp motor with a trans to match, it would be a cool truck.

Cheers,
George