Interesting Question

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just a thought, has anyone recieved any of the things that were originally missing from their cars, AFTER OUR SURVEY AND PHONE CALL WAS COMPLETED.Remember i never got the gt bag for my cover, all those trickle charges no one recieved,the books we were supposed to get, the dvd on the car, Just a thought watching the snow melt on a 60 degree day in january , in new york. DONT WORRY MR . GTJOEY WE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT, SEPT,OCT,NOV,DEC,JAN, ALMOST FEB, just a thought, i called bill fords office 3 times last week.ALL I NEED IS 3 TO 6 MONTHS AND FORD WILL BE NUMBER ONE!!!!!! Just a thought :thumbsup

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
gtjoey said:
Just a thought, has anyone recieved any of the things that were originally missing from their cars, AFTER OUR SURVEY AND PHONE CALL WAS COMPLETED.Remember i never got the gt bag for my cover, all those trickle charges no one recieved,the books we were supposed to get, the dvd on the car>>>

Has there ever been a verified owner's info dvd or was it just the press dvd with the commercials that people have mentioned?

There was a rumor floating around recently that trickle chargers were not included for the few several hundred cars.

What do you mean by the bag for the cover? Mine came in a sealed black bag made out of material sort of like a heavy duty garbage bag...nothing special certainly....is that what people are referring to or is there something else?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My dealer sent me the long black book once I requested it.

Here's a photo of the cover bag that came with my car:

Attachments

• cover 005.jpg
    cover 005.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 181

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
for GTJoey

WTF...my dealer has no bag, no video, no charger...who do I call?

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Florida Chris said:
Here's a photo of the cover bag that came with my car:

Interesting- I hadn't seen that before. Did your bag contain the cover when delivered or were they separate? Did your cover come in the sealed black "garbage bag" wrapper?

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
I received the 'Ford GT' duffle bag with my car.
I have a feeling this was an item added to later VIN cars...just a guess though.
My VIN is 2032.
Anyone out there have a low # 2005 Vin and the duffle bag?

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
My car cover came neatly packed inside the bag pictured above. I have not doubt that the bag is for the car cover.

Rob

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gierkink said:
My car cover came neatly packed inside the bag pictured above. I have not doubt that the bag is for the car cover.

Rob

My cover was packed inside the bag as well.

RickM said:
I received the 'Ford GT' duffle bag with my car.
I have a feeling this was an item added to later VIN cars...just a guess though.
My VIN is 2032.
Anyone out there have a low # 2005 Vin and the duffle bag?

My VIN is 786...so much for that theory. Mine did not come with a charger though.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Mine had the bag pictured above with the dust cover inside it. The air compressor for dealing with a flat - and that was it. The trickle charger would have been nice - but I had Roushe fit one for me.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
The cover came with all cars including early vin cars. It was in the nose compartment taking up all the space with the air compressor no trickle charger.

The DVD is not, repeat NOT an official Ford to customer item. It was meant for dealers as has been beaten to death on another thread.

Dave

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Dealer comments

As search for a GT I've had several "honest" dealers actually tell me about items which other salesmen (never the guy I was talking to) or "managers" had taken from various GTs and kept them! They said the buyers of those cars never knew it, because of the confusion re what actually comes with the car!
I couldn't actually believe they'd tell me this, but it was in response to my prodding about what comes with the cars.
"Dealers or stealers", you make the call!

66GT40

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 18, 2005
My first car is #246 and it came with both a cover bag and a charger. Jerry

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
It took some work, but I think I finally got everything -

With delivery of the car I was given the charger (in its own zipper pouch) and the car cover (in its own printed nylon bag).

Later, after hearing stories about the "black book" and the dvd I pressed the dealer about these items.

They located the black book, still sealed in its carboard shipping cover in the owners office and provided it to me. It is called "2005 GT Portfolio". Very nice item!!

With regards to the dvd - they said it is called "FORD GT Highlights" and that it was put out by Ford Retailer Education and Training and was not intended for distrbution to owners. However, after viewing the dvd, it can be seen that it is directed to new owners and is such a well done and informative piece I feel that it should be made manditory viewing for every new owner before the keys are handed over!!! It contains about 26 minutes of Rick Titus describing features of the GT, the 1 min. commercial "The One" and about 3 min. on the making of the commercial.

My dealer said each dealership that received a GT was sent one copy of this dvd. My dealer went back to Ford and obtained another copy and presented it to me.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well, do i know how to stir things up!!!!!!!ALL WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE INCLUDED FROM VIN# 49 THATS THE ORIGINAL 1ST CAR TO THE PUBLIC, GUESS WHOS GOT IT?.Any who to all that emailed this thread , if i dont have your vitals , PLEASE EMAIL ME YOURS PRIVATE , WHETHER YOU WANT TO GO TO THE RALLY OR JUST FOR THE REGISTRY. THANKS. For the rest this thought has been kicking around for a while, YES RACER X GOT THE DVD/BAG COVER AND WAX.Yes i got the cover ,no bag but the charger .The key here is my buddy salesman called everyday, stroking, massaging till the minute after i did the survey, then he hasnt returned one call in 4 months, AND I HAVE 3 MORE CARS FOR HIM TO SELL. ALL I NEED IS 3 TO 6 MONTHS ,BILLY CAN YOU HEAR ME, BILLY CAN YOU HEAR ME...BILLY...BILLY.BILLY :biggrin GTJOEY1314 :thumbsup

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
GT items

My vin is 1111. I recieved all the above except the dvd. The "black book" was sent to the dealers when the received an allotment. One for the dealership and on for each alloted cars. These came months before the cars were delivered. It is up to the dealer to give them to the customers. Un fortunately they were kept and I have seen some auctioned off on e-bay for over $1000.00!!

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
Florida Chris said:
My dealer sent me the long black book once I requested it.
The same happened to me.
To confuse you a little bit more I send a picture of my items

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
One of 19 (GER) said:
The same happened to me.
To confuse you a little bit more I send a picture of my items
2 pictures

Attachments

• CIMG4600.JPG
    CIMG4600.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 69
  • CIMG4607.JPG
    CIMG4607.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 68

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
goodies

One of 19 (GER) said:
2 pictures
W#ow,
you even got a watch ! At least that one is still working, right 19 ?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
WHere did you get the watch? WOW I have to have that. The book you have pictured is actually the wrong one. You can get that red book at Barnes and Noble over here in the states. The portfolio everyone is speaking about is acutally this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7213128699&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

The dealers can order the books...if you do a seach back through the forum you will find the website and name that the dealer has to search under. I ordered 2 from the dealer thats ordering my car (Just in Case) I was told that you have to put a VIN number in to order the book and that there are 5 per VIN allowed...they must not be checking too hard for mine they just put in ordered :)

Matt

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
HOW COOL IS THAT! NOW did anyone know about the watch? HEY is that in english or german time :biggrin WELL still havent gotten a call yet anyway :frown hopefully soon.HEY GER PLEASE IF YOU CAN EMAIL ME PRIVATE AAALLL YOUR VITAL DETAILS I WILL ADD YOU TO OUR REGISTRY . YOU WILL BE NUMBER ONE OVERSEAS... :thumbsup THANKS GTJOEY