GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Ok, how bout' now:thumbsup

wormdoggy

Jan 23, 2007
Hello everyone;
I am new to this forum and I am the one that posted on the Viper site. I own a Viper and I am debating on whether or not to purchase a new 08 or a GT. Both cars are superb and I'm just trying to get some additional information.
Thanks
Patrick

Here's the link.......

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=784299&an=0&page=0#Post784299

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They call it the morg for a reason :lol

Just kidding. It's almost impossible to compare the two cars. Ask any number of the guys on here who own tons of Vipers as well as the GT(i.e Lamboman has had over 50 Vipers, Awsum GT is a VCA pres and has multiple Vipers, Ripper 02 has TT versions of both, etc). Ask at the Alley. The majority of guys who own both are here, but there are many at Viper Alley as well and they may be able to give you a more Viper-ish slant. Org devotees seem a bit more Dodge brand specific than the alley. Here is probably the least of the three as owners tend to own a bit of everything from Viper to GT to Ferrari to Lambo etc...

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Sold the other cars. The GT is so rock solid and does it all fast top end more of a machine instead of a car. Now I like all cars but after I drive the GT the Z06 felt like a fast everyday car and the viper well I hadn't driven in a long time and took the guy for a road trip and and was tired of shifting after 3 miles. The GT is just way cool from the mid ship fuel tank to the aluminum everything. Cheap to and easy to bang 650 RWHP out of her as well. Now what to buy......I guess I can only drive one at a time. :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hello everyone;
I am new to this forum and I am the one that posted on the Viper site. I own a Viper and I am debating on whether or not to purchase a new 08 or a GT. Both cars are superb and I'm just trying to get some additional information.
Thanks
Patrick

Here's the link.......

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=784299&an=0&page=0#Post784299

Doggy:
Of coarse, you MUST realize you won't get a nonprejudicial recommendation from anybody HERE, don'tcha?:biggrin
Seriously, drive the GT.
'End of your debate!:thumbsup :cheers
And, remember: there will likely be Vipers produced for the foreseeable future, so you'll be able to buy a new one whenever the mood strikes. There will be NO MORE GT's. Period.

Oh. These "bolt" pblms we've all been screaming about on this site and which some folks (including yourself) have mentioned having concerns about on your own Viper site? A solution WILL come about. It'll just be an "issue" 'til then. And remember, the pblm has just affected about 1% of the GT production. WHY we don't know yet. But, we WILL. (Some of your Vipers have had their own pblms as well, remember? Folks on your site have mentioned THOSE. But, the Viper is still what IT is regardless, right?)
As an aside, there are a number of guys on this site who own BOTH these cars!
So, there you go!

'Pockets

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome, they are both great cars, I love my GT, but will buy a Viper. Never real paid attention to Vipers until I joined this site. They are two different toys. Stick arround, pour a cold one and enjoy this site.:thumbsup

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Well, I have owned my GT for almost a year now. My newest toy is my 06 Viper Coupe. The Viper is a great car, and more practical. The GT is not practical at all, but who bought their GT to be practical? I sure as hell did not. I have never understood why people complain about practicality with the GT when that was never the idea. People who complain about it are not the target demographic, and they just try to have something to complain about. Drive one and make up your own mind. Opinions are just that, opinions. The only one that matters is yours. Good luck!:cheers

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
The ford gt is on another level.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
The only reason I don't sell the viper is its 96'...I always wanted a B/W Viper..I finally bought one about a year before I got the GT...

The way I equate it to people when they ask me what the viper is like compared to the GT is that its a brick with a motor...it takes alot of getting used to driving it again...actually I don't think I have driven it in about 2 months!!!! Guess I need to take it out tomorrow.

Matt

M

Mark O

They call it the morg for a reason :lol

Just kidding.

No you're not, it's the truth! :lol

BTW, it's also called Flander's Forum. But not for long from what I understand.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
No offense, but that Viper forum is in another zipcode....in all re$pects.

Have to hand it to the '08 Viper; it is sharp...best charisma since original '92 (perfect gas cap too)

Glad GT ownership is a small circle.

Re: Some comments are truly amusing/rookie, esp. about younger crowd / Gallardo v. American iron.

Sat in a Gallardo last week; salesman said its a starter Lambo.

Met a model (26) last week; she knew the GT cold and did a shoot for Saleen. Have pic if needed.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Met a model (26) last week; she knew the GT cold and did a shoot for Saleen. Have pic if needed.

What the heck do you mean, "if needed"!!!!!!!!!!
HOP TO IT!!!!!!!
('DURN FOOL!!!!!!)

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Met a model (26) last week; she knew the GT cold and did a shoot for Saleen. Have pic if needed.[/QUOTE]

2nd date on Sunday for Lunch!

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Ive owned multiple vipers in addition to the GT .. I will say they are completely different animals and I love both for what they are. I am not biased either way, as im an avid poster on the viper boards , but I will say the GT is a notch above the viper in about every way. Regardless , I still love my viper and its got it special place with me , and its just as enjoyable to drive/own . Good luck with your decision, but I definetly reccommend the GT over the viper if you can only have one.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
DBK's giving it to 'em over there on the Viper site. Go Dave!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Hmm free e-Bodyguarding of the GT reputation

This my kind of forum

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm just kidding around. This site is practically FordGTViperforum.com. :lol

I myself think the 08 Viper is awesome and whittle away nights mulling if an SRT is in my future. It's not like I'm insulting the Viper at all. I'd guess maybe 35% of this site currently owns an SRT or Gen II, and I'm just going based on the observations of those who own both. It's not like the 08 is a fundamental change in the Viper recipe. Two very different cars with very different characteristics, and anyone who has driven both can tell you that it manifests in ways beyond quantitative mag data...