Integrated keyfob

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
www.gtx1.com lists an integrated keyfob. I know this was talked about in another thread and many owners would be interested in this product. I would be nice if the gtx folks posted a picture of the new key and more information. Like are all of the function of the stock fob retained, can the key be cut locally, and the car programmed to the key by the owner?

BlackICE

GTX1 or Ford GT key/fob all in one $ 245

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
sent that on to Mark.. see if I can get you some answers, and some pics.. I have pics from design stage, but they are a little rough for posting..

:biggrin

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
Well, here's what I got back from Mark....

The Key Fob is on its way but will not be available for another 8 weeks. We will be posting a picture of the Fob as soon as we get a finished prototype made of the material it will be built in, "Aluminum". And yes, it will be all in one and retain all of the stock functions.

Sincerely,
Mark

I will see what I can do to get some early pics.. it's quite nice.. even if I get some pre production design shots.. that will help.. ?? :wink

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
I am very interested in purchasing this key fob for my GT. Please keep us posted!

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
What we really need is a key like the Infiniti Q45 has where the key just needs to be inside the car (in your pocket) and you just push the start button.

Granted, I'll be happy with an all-in-one, but dream a little dream.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
BlackICE said:
www.gtx1.com lists an integrated keyfob. I know this was talked about in another thread and many owners would be interested in this product. I would be nice if the gtx folks posted a picture of the new key and more information. Like are all of the function of the stock fob retained, can the key be cut locally, and the car programmed to the key by the owner?

BlackICE

GTX1 or Ford GT key/fob all in one $ 245

I started a thread entitled "Key Rant" and am waiting for Mark's solution. Should be nice in aluminum and worth the wait.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Any updates on the key fob?

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Updates?

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
any updates

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
...updates? this should be a very popular item as not many of us like to carry around the same keys as a Focus

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Townshend said:
What we really need is a key like the Infiniti Q45 has where the key just needs to be inside the car (in your pocket) and you just push the start button.

Granted, I'll be happy with an all-in-one, but dream a little dream.

Isn't that the one they just recalled? Nissan just had a large recall on this issue. Cars just starting on there own or something. I think the days of the 300-600 dollar keys are numbered. There is a lot of backlash when you lose it or signal malfunctions and vehicle needs a day in the shop to reprogram.

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Any updates. I want one.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Any updates on this?????????

RKGT

GT Owner
Apr 3, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I'm interested in getting one as well, has anyone been able to get one of these?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Will this key for the Fusion work for us?

key_fob.jpg

And here's the link:
http://www.fordpower.net/main/Press-Releases/Ford/New-Integrated-Key-Fob-From-Ford.html