Instrument Cluster Binnancle Removal

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It would be great if another run of the Carbon Fibre gauge panels and A/C vents would be made.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
It would be great if another run of the Carbon Fibre gauge panels and A/C vents would be made.
You're about retired, go for it!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You're about retired, go for it!

I am about 13 years from retirement. I am just considering moving to a state where it is still America.

Reactions: GT@50

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I am about 13 years from retirement. I am just considering moving to a state where it is still America.

I look forward to your findings and decision 😕

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
That choice is narrowing.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
When I attended GT meet in Detroit in 2015, I had the GT guys install new auto meter gauges, I watch them pull dashboard, they did it in a few minutes. Including taping. It is really a matter of knowing how to pull it out. Up, down , left , right etc.
later I had to replace the tach. Did it myself , wasn’t so easy! Took allot of patience, time outs etc. had to have tach rebooted by Ford tech, ok now except high beam indicator does not work! Suspect unplugged behind the panel in removal process. I decided to wait until I have to replace the Speedo or tach again before pulling the panel again!!!

Reactions: extrap

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
That high beam indicator is too bright and annoying anyway. I’d leave it unplugged. Or put in a much lower wattage bulb.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That high beam indicator is too bright and annoying anyway. I’d leave it unplugged. Or put in a much lower wattage bulb.

Or could stick a little piece of window tint over it.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Or a piece of electrical tape!

Reactions: extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

LOL, you must have sensitive eyes. I hardly notice mine. Maybe I need to see my ophthalmologist!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I'm not putting K car "check engine light delete tape" on my Ford

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Around town, it doesnt bother me because of the ambient light. But I find it really annoying when I’m on a dark road. I do a fair amount of night driving.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Around town, it doesnt bother me because of the ambient light. But I find it really annoying when I’m on a dark road. I do a fair amount of night driving.

No doubt on "Mexican Freeways" ? 😎

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Heh, heh. Sometimes Canadian ones.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
No doubt on "Mexican Freeways" ? 😎
Cartel would be pissed if you showed up with that frunk.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Not much good for human trafficking!
Not exactly incognito either.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I recently sent out a set of new AC vents to have made in carbon fiber. We will see how it goes.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I recently sent out a set of new AC vents to have made in carbon fiber. We will see how it goes.

Wow! I am very anxious to hear how it goes. Hopefully, your source is interested in doing more.

Do you mean Hydro dipped?

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Wow! I am very anxious to hear how it goes. Hopefully, your source is interested in doing more.

Do you mean Hydro dipped?
No chance of anything hydro dipped being installed on my cars. I sent these out to MAcarbon as they currently offer Lamborghini vents that seem to be very similar in construction to the GT parts.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
No chance of anything hydro dipped being installed on my cars. I sent these out to MAcarbon as they currently offer Lamborghini vents that seem to be very similar in construction to the GT parts.

Fantastic. Very anxious to see your results.

Replacing the plastic surround that I scratched taking out my gauge panel would be another great piece. I think it was done before in CF.

Last edited: