Inspect a GT in Minneapolis

67dave

Apr 9, 2008
Can anyone inspect a GT for me in the Minneapolis area? This would be my first GT purchase and I need all the help I can get.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Can anyone inspect a GT for me in the Minneapolis area? This would be my first GT purchase and I need all the help I can get.

If anyone can help this guy please chime in. I have talked to him a couple times and would like to give the guy some help if we can guys! :thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Why don't you get in contact with the GT Guy's. They are only a couple of states away.

All the best...
Rick

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Couple of states away is a little costly for an initial inspection. He is hoping someone (a GT owner preferred) can give it a once over if there is anyone local.....

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Personally if your going to drop $150K plus on a car I wouldn't rely on anyone but Rich or Dennis to look at it...whats it cost to have them go a ticket plus what?

67dave

Apr 9, 2008
The flight alone is over $1,200 from Detroit to Minneapolis plus car rental and the gt guys time. To me in makes sense to have someone do an initial inspection and if it passes that test then to have the gt guys take a look.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'll be in Mpls area on June 16th, but that is probablly later than you need. Let me know if I can help. I have a brother up in there as well. He is not a GT owner, but grew up in the car business.

Rick

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I met a GT owner at the 2007 SAAC Convention who has a white GT - don't think he is a member of the forum, but is very knowledgeable. Maybe he can help - not sure if Stillwater is close to you?

Steve Casperson
5421 Ojib Way North
Stillwater, Minnesota 55082

Home: (651) 430-1642
Cell: (651) 303-5496

67dave

Apr 9, 2008
Thank you for your offer GT35065 but the car has been sold.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Thank you for your offer GT35065 but the car has been sold.

Sorry to hear you did not get it...

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Sorry to hear you did not get it...

+1. Just bought a GT recently after looking at a few. The search was time consuming and at times a pain in the rear. However owning the car is WORTH IT!!! Take heart in realizing that this means you will find a better one down the road!! :cheers

As a ridiculously large hockey fan I must note that this was my Mario Lemieux (66th for non hockey fans) post. :biggrin

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
Minneapolis GT for Sale

I know most of the cars in the Minneapolis area, and I live here. One has been wrecked when barely new and owned by dealer and fixed, one is high mileage and been hit also, another has been raced and driven on gravel roads, another driven but up for sale due to divorce, etc.

PM me the color and the location and I'll tell you if you lost out on anything...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This is why a PPI by a true expert is a must!

67dave

Apr 9, 2008
The GT I was looking at is back on ebay. This is the second time that I am aware of that it sold but the sale wasn't completed. The car is located in Hopkins, MN. Anyone familiar with this GT and/or could take a preliminary look at it?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Did you contact Steve who info is above? Did you read post #12 above. Very few folks are qualified to do a true PPI. Better make damn sure to get the car on an alignment rack and drop the belly pans.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If the sale has fallen through TWICE, be even more cautious.....
Usually there is a reason it falls through and from my experience most GT buyers are qualified buyers that dont B.S....., but I said MOST!!! There are your bad eggs in any market. :thumbsdow

There are many other respected dealers besides us that sell GTs. I am not familiar with these guys selling this GT at all and was also told the car was a consignment. Since none of the GTs we have in stock at the moment are what you are looking for, try Bernie at BJ motors. I have only heard good reviews on them as-well. He may even know an individual selling a car that I dont know of....

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My thoughts exactly.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
+1. Just bought a GT recently after looking at a few. The search was time consuming and at times a pain in the rear. However owning the car is WORTH IT!!! Take heart in realizing that this means you will find a better one down the road!! :cheers

As a ridiculously large hockey fan I must note that this was my Mario Lemieux (66th for non hockey fans) post. :biggrin

Red Wings Rock

Just think 12 Red Wings live within 12 miles of where your GT was built
8 live within 8 miles of where your GT Engine was built.
And All the Red Wings play at home only 30 minutes away from where your GT was finally assembled.

Guess that makes you a RED WING FAN

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Red Wings Rock

Just think 12 Red Wings live within 12 miles of where your GT was built
8 live within 8 miles of where your GT Engine was built.
And All the Red Wings play at home only 30 minutes away from where your GT was finally assembled.

Guess that makes you a RED WING FAN

Uhhh...from Pittsburgh originally, huge Pens fan. :frown Still struggling with the Cup loss, however the overtime game was fun (mainly because I live on the west coast and the game was over by 10:15 :biggrin) but I can acknowledge the better team won. We will be back next year. :cheers