cammerboss

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
parker colo
:frown ANYONE HAVING INOP GAUGES??. MY TEMP GAUGE QUIT

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Welcome to the Ford GT world. Obviously you haven't read the forum in a very very long time. More info on this here than you can possibly imagine. The search function will produce many results on this for you. Good luck, and yes, lots of people have had the same issue. Luckily Ford is selling replacements for your bad gauge that is supposed to be better. :)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Luckily Ford is selling replacements for your bad gauge that is supposed to be better. :)

Be careful. If you buy a gauge from Ford, you will pay a lot of money and you will get another gauge with the exact internals of the gauge that failed. What you need to do is to contact Autometer to buy the updated gauge (appearance is EXACTLY the same as OEM). The gauges from Autometer are both better (upgraded internals) and they cost a whole lot less than what you would pay from Ford.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...rotection-solution?highlight=gauge+protection

you might want to try this link for the protection or your other gauges.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Yes, what Kendall said. The autometer gauges are direct replacements and are supposed to be better

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
What about the tachometer..thats what I need. Do we have any information on that? Thanks!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What about the tachometer..thats what I need. Do we have any information on that? Thanks!
Tach and speedo only from Ford. Or you can go with speedhut for all.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I have a temp gauge that stuck at 155 degrees. Rather than replace just that, and then probably have to replace something else later, I decided to order the whole Speedhut panel last week. The way I look at it, since I would have had to pay $250 for a new temp gauge, I got a $250 discount on the Speedhut panel. Lookin' forward to it.