Incredible collection of rare Ford GT items for sale

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I've listed the following on eBay, auctions start Friday Dec 1, 2pm eastern time.

Here's a link:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...paulneon&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1

(items won't show up on ebay until auctions start later today)

1) Ford GT autographed banner from 2006 rally
(Fabric full color banner signed by Steve Saleen, Camillo Pardo, Kip Ewing, Fred Goodnow, etc.)

2) Ford GT - collectibles from 2006 owner's rally
(Packet from event, includes dash plaque)

3) and 4) Ford GT Team History book - TWO copies

5) Ford GT dealer only DVD - Rick Titus

6) Ford versus Ferrari - rare book, first edition 1968

7) Ford GT DVDs- Discover Channel and Duke Video

8) Ford GT Then and Now, new book from UK

9) Top Gear Magazine- Jeremy Clarkson and GT on cover

10) EVO Magazine - Ford GT wins UK Car of the year. 54 page article

11) 2006 Ford GT - work shop manual and electrical manual

12) Ford GT - rare oversize portfolio book

13) Ford GT - rare collection of dealer-only items (literature)

14) Ford GT - rare book, owner's manual, and brochure

15) Ford GT - dealer-only desk pad

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
'Punch-

Wow, completely getting rid of everything. I know you're not sad about it, but I sure am. :frown

Hope you find what you are looking for.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Paul,
Don't ruin my weekend, pull the auction, some of that stuff was given to you out of respect and appreciation for what you did for our Gt hobby.
Respectfully,
daniel

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Daniel,

I understand what you are saying, and I might feel exactly the same way if I were you.

True story:

27 years ago, I was looking for a comic book collection to buy for my terminally-ill college-age brother (who had loved comics when he was younger, but had long since disposed of his collection).

I found a large collection listed in the local trader magazine. I went to buy the collection, and asked the guy why he was selling. He said: "I need to change my life. I've been obsessed with comics for years and they just need to go away."

I realized I needed to do the same with my Ford GT. I was totally, irrationally, stupidly obsessed with the car since the day it was introduced in 2002. As you know, I did the website FordGTprices.com, which probably saved several hundred people each ten thousand dollars (or more).

I spend probably a thousand hours maintaining that site and updating it, usually daily. Yet only a handful of people bothered to say thanks by sending fifty or a hundred bucks (and believe me, I very much appreciate that they did). And quite possibly, my focus on that site contributed to my being blindsided to a probably avoidable corporate backstabbing that led to my job going away.

After getting my GT, I instantly realized it wasn't for me. It's too expensive, too flashy, too impractical, too everything. (Yes, I obviously knew all this before I bought it, but I bought it anyway! That's the way obsessions are.) It's a great car, an amazing car, and I'm proud that a US company developed it, especially on such a tight schedule. But it's just not for me.

And like the comic book guy, I need to change my life. This obsession needs to go away.

You are right, the rally items were given to me, as appreciation for what I did for the hobby. I greatly appreciate those gifts. I appreciate all the work done by Dave, Joey, and everyone else who organized the rally, even though at the last moment I wasn't able to attend.

So, yes, they are for sale. I'm about $15,000 and 1000 hours in the hole on this obsession, and selling these items will make a little dent in that.

Is it fair? I don't know. But it's what I'm doing.

No disrespect is intended. I certainly didn't spend four years doing all this to get rare items and then sell them "at a profit."

In the big picture, I'm very far from profiting on my contributions to the Ford GT hobby.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FWIW, the same banner was auctioned at the Rally for Charity and pulled $3400, if you want to list that in the auction. I did get that one signed by Bill Ford though...

Good luck Mr. Centerpunch. Hate to see it all go, but certainly understand the rationale.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I completely understand your rationale and motivation. I've had to make dramatic changes in my life in order to cope with difficult and challenging circumstances. I wish you well on your journey wherever it may lead you.

Godspeed ..... joe

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
centerpunch said:
Daniel,

I understand what you are saying, and I might feel exactly the same way if I were you.

True story:

27 years ago, I was looking for a comic book collection to buy for my terminally-ill college-age brother (who had loved comics when he was younger, but had long since disposed of his collection).

I found a large collection listed in the local trader magazine. I went to buy the collection, and asked the guy why he was selling. He said: "I need to change my life. I've been obsessed with comics for years and they just need to go away."

I realized I needed to do the same with my Ford GT. I was totally, irrationally, stupidly obsessed with the car since the day it was introduced in 2002. As you know, I did the website FordGTprices.com, which probably saved several hundred people each ten thousand dollars (or more).

I spend probably a thousand hours maintaining that site and updating it, usually daily. Yet only a handful of people bothered to say thanks by sending fifty or a hundred bucks. And quite possibly, my focus on that site contributed to my being blindsided to a probably avoidable corporate backstabbing that led to my job going away.

After getting my GT, I instantly realized it wasn't for me. It's too expensive, too flashy, too impractical, too everything. (Yes, I obviously knew all this before I bought it, but I bought it anyway! That's the way obsessions are.) It's a great car, an amazing car, and I'm proud that a US company developed it, especially on such a tight schedule. But it's just not for me.

And like the comic book guy, I need to change my life. This obsession needs to go away.

You are right, the rally items were given to me, as appreciation for what I did for the hobby. I greatly appreciate those gifts. I appreciate all the work done by Dave, Joey, and everyone else who organized the rally, even though at the last moment I wasn't able to attend.

So, yes, they are for sale. I'm about $15,000 and 1000 hours in the hole on this obsession, and selling these items will make a little dent in that.

Is it fair? I don't know. But it's what I'm doing.

No disrespect is intended. I certainly didn't spend four years doing all this to get rare items and then sell them "at a profit."

In the big picture, I'm very far from profiting on my contributions to the Ford GT hobby.

Dear Paul,
Thanks for your reply. I think I understand. I am sad because you have brought so much to the GT hobby. I only wish you and yours the very best
of everything.
God Bless You,
daniel

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
You guys rock, thanks for your understanding.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Point of Info,
I would love to bid on a couple of your items, but I just can't. I think you understand.
All the very best,
daniel

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
No problem, I understand.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Centerpunch Appreciation

Paul -
As one who has followed the GT, from rumors to final production, the purchase of my GT has become a permanent item in my car collection. As you know I drive it everywhere. Parting with it is something I can not imagine. Pure enjoyment each and everytime I see it or drive it.

Your decision to off load The Car and The Collection is understood.

The value you provided to the GT community is appreciated very much. Although we've never met in person, I consider your a true friend. The time spent, and your dedication to getting correct and and honest information to the masses, most certainly has benefited the GT world and to the contributors to this forum .

I wish for you the best for a healthy and prosperous future.

Thanks again for all you've done. :cheers

Most Sincerely,
Jeff

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Make sure you post the link to the eBay items here or send us a private message.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
As unfair as life appears to everyone from time to time, most deeds, good or bad, make a full circle, which is certain to bode well for you in the future, Paul. Best of luck.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Paul, you will be missed.
I believe that your GT prices forum helped me and two of my friends purchase these great cars. My dealer was asking $229,000.00 for the car I purchase for $165,000.00. When I mention your web site he got serious.
Take Care and good luck! Steve

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Centerpunch, as you know I was the first to send you money and attempt to point out to all of us here at the Forum how invaluable your contribution was and still is to this community. Frankly I am shocked that you didn't get $50-100 from a thousand guys. With that aside, let me say that I completely understand. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a little too obsessed with the GT. There are definitely more things in life than cars. These items are only the icing.

I for one will bid top dollar on anything I don't already have to be sure you get as much as possible. Hopefully that helps.

If there is anything I can ever do for you let me know. I'll be glad to help you anyway I can. :thumbsup

David

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
We are all going to sell out eventually. It is just a matter of when we do it or our kids do it. Good luck in your next venture. :thumbsup

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Gulf GT said:
I for one will bid top dollar on anything I don't already have to be sure you get as much as possible. Hopefully that helps.

Guys, I appreciate your kind words. But I want to make sure you understand- I do NOT have a financial problem of any kind. (A mental problem, maybe!)

I chose to buy the car, and I chose to sell it. It's just not for me.

And now I'm selling this stuff- same reason.

So don't bid on any of these items unless you want them, and don't bid more than you think they are worth!

Last edited:

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
PM sent...

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Auctions are live now:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...aulneon&sort=8&page=1&rows=50&since=30&rdir=0

Auctions end next Wednesday, December 6th, at 2PM eastern time.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Team History book #1 and Dealer Titus DVD already sold offline for buy-it-now prices ($550 and $200) to non-ebayer forum member.

Last edited: