In the Market for a Ford GT Again

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Autotrader has a 2006 4-option Tungsten with 5.6k miles asking $250k. With your $240k+ budget and a little help from the seller happy things may happen.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Autotrader has a 2006 4-option Tungsten with 5.6k miles asking $250k. With your $240k+ budget and a little help from the seller happy things may happen.

It does have an accident though....I'm trying to find out more information. Thanks for the notice!

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
It does have an accident though....I'm trying to find out more information. Thanks for the notice!

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
I have a black 06, 41,000 miles, give me a call if interested. 914-490-8365.....Pat

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
This one came up today on ebay. If it checks out, it won't last long. Somebody hit "Buy it Now".

QSS

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
This one came up today on ebay. If it checks out, it won't last long. Somebody hit "Buy it Now".

dealer site with carfax here

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Ah,..... accident on the Car Fax. That explains the price.

QSS

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Weird! In 15 years it's never had a "regular" owner. It has just traded hands from dealer to dealer for 15 straight years.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Traded among dealer friends, and no one wanted to actually pay the sales tax?

Weird! In 15 years it's never had a "regular" owner. It has just traded hands from dealer to dealer for 15 straight years.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas

QSS

You're right, that is one bizarre CarFax.....it's seen more places than I have.....at least I've had one long term owner (wife).

And true to the way CarFax captured data back then, there is no description of the accident.

Still, thanks for digging this up.....I'll call about it.....not worth $235k though

Last edited:

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Ah,..... accident on the Car Fax. That explains the price.

QSS

I called on it.....no accident information, no service records.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas

This one turned out to be a scam....the guy that wrote me back was clearly no Physician (typical scammer bad grammar) and the ad was pulled the next day.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
A little update.....3 weeks ago, came real close to buying a nice 4k mile local car, the whole thing unraveled over what should have been nothing but became a big deal for some reason. No harm no foul, I didn't like the idea of paying a premium for low miles anyway as I would drive the premium out of it. But I was ready to throw down the cash if things worked out, a local deal is nice to have. I traveled alot finding a good Diablo Roadster, and it's not easy.

Just completed an inspection on another local car, a driver grade one.....looks promising, but not without challenges.

Just spent a couple of hours in the garage making room for something....wish I knew the width of the car from the passenger side mirror to the edge of the driver's door fully open.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
What caused the deal to fall apart on the 4k car?

QSS

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas

QSS

it appears none of the cars have been to standard and I believe he actually contemplated doing business in LUFKIN, Texas ............ after being warned......

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
it appears none of the cars have been to standard and I believe he actually contemplated doing business in LUFKIN, Texas ............ after being warned......

Not true, there hasn't been any standard involved....the first 3-4 cars I went after represented a learning experience....If I knew then what I know now about the GT market, I would have bought 2 of them. This market around my budget area is just really faster than I was used to with Lamborghinis and Ferraris and I couldn't keep up. I'm catching up to the speed of the market these days, and able to react faster.

As far as doing business with the entity you mention, I'm well aware of the reputation, it's just a matter of performing due diligence, and maybe more than normal. I'm not going to buy a car without a thorough inspection and I'm not going to buy a car without being face-to-face with the seller. I'm a big believer in buying the seller, so I'm not afraid to walk if the seller gives off certain vibes, or lies about stuff.

Example from about 10-12 days ago, call on a car to inquire about a messy CarFax and service records.....instead of answering the questions starts blabbing about how many calls he's gotten, 4-5 people are coming to see it today, it won't last through the weekend, I better put a deposit down now. I couldn't get off the phone fast enough. And of course I get a call late last week asking if I'm still interested....LOL.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas

QSS

See your PM....

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Now have an agreement to purchase a car from a awesome private party owner here on the forum. Transaction will be complete early next week, then will drive the grueling 8 miles back to the house.....should probably get a hotel room halfway so I don't get tired.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
That's great news. 8 mile drive home you say. Luxury!

QSS

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
That's great news. 8 mile drive home you say. Luxury!

QSS

OK, maybe I was exagerating some......it's probably 7.5 miles

Just transferred the money from my brokerage acct....that was really painful....now poor, just like 6 years ago when Car Fund II started.