In Austin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
PeakCompletions and I are about to leave Fort Worth to head up to Lake Travis and do some Rally scouting around Austin. Silverbullitt is meeting up with us tonight, and I think BigsGT is finally coming out of hibernation. If not tonight, we'll be here until Tuesday if anyone wants to get together. We're going to do some scouting drives, but otherwise, we'll be around.

:party

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
I wish i had known , yall were up there, already have plans to go to Big Bend National Park, damn that sks

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
check out Hamilton pool, and Bee Cave , really cool spots

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Please check out all, Bars, Food joints, strip clubs, and all the other fun spots we will want to go to.

I will be looking for a full report!!!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
5th street - austin!

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I'm here ready to go whenever you guys get some time. Headed to sign up for the Rally; how can I miss this one when it's right here!

H

HHGT

Make sure to eat at Roy's downtown.....

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Where are you guys staying? I might come up on Sunday.

Sanjay

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dolce-Lakeway.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You might want to check out the nude beach:thumbsup I think it is called Hippie______ (can't remember the rest of it) It may be near lake Travis. Not that I would go snooping around or anything:lol

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
That would be Hippie Hollow.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dave,

I will try to contact you over the weekend to see if we can hook up somewhere out in the Hill Country if you are heading out that way.

By the way, it's Hippie Hallow that pe2unia is referring to [ask Silverbulitt for directions].:eek

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Dolce-Lakeway.

email me your cell# so I can find you Sunday.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
That would be Hippie Hollow.

With a name like that it's probably Birkinstock's and unshaved legs. Whoa big fella!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Dave,

Check out The Oasis restaurant that overlooks Lake Travis. A meal there at sunset is akin to being in Malibu during a Pacific Ocean sunset. If we can work out a deal with them to do a dinner there it would be amazing. They also have plenty of parking outside and could likely turn it into a full event (as in local car show) if we could work it out with them and give enough notice.

Also, my good friend is on the police department there and could maybe help out with logistics for other events (no guarantees on forgiving top speed runs...).

In case you can't tell, I really like that place and almost moved there before coming to SoCal -- and still see myself ending up there someday...

Let me know if I can be of any help. As mentioned, Bee Cave road is a great cruiser. Pretty scenery and plenty of wide, sweeping turns. We should also schedule a Congress Street Bridge run at sunset on one night. That's when the place gets literally "batty" as thousands of bats fly out from under the bridge and stream into the evening sky to keep the city insect free (yet another reason i like it). Do a google search and you can learn more about it.

Great place for the rally!!!

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Carl a texan?

I can see it.... Spirit adapted!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Karl, we were at the Oasis when I got that email from you.

Mar 15, 2006
The Texas Rally is going to be a whole lot of fun. Hopefully with the location being in the center of the USA we will get one of the biggest turnouts of GT's and owners!

Has anyone contacted one of the major transport companies for some sort of a group transportation rate? Reliable, Exotic and Passport transport companies are all good and run thru Texas all time time. I would bet that with a group deal GT owners on both coasts could ship their cars round trip at a reasonable cost.

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
The Texas Rally is going to be a whole lot of fun. Hopefully with the location being in the center of the USA we will get one of the biggest turnouts of GT's and owners!

Has anyone contacted one of the major transport companies for some sort of a group transportation rate? Reliable, Exotic and Passport transport companies are all good and run thru Texas all time time. I would bet that with a group deal GT owners on both coasts could ship their cars round trip at a reasonable cost.

I'm currently talking to Plycar about moving about a dozen GTs from the north east. They moved our cars to Vegas last year.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Where the heck is Texas...