I'm One Of You!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
After a long week or two of searching, I found the perfect car right in my back yard! I picked up a blue/ white striped '05 yesterday. It has all four options, and only 300 miles on the clock. I was really hoping to find a car that was fairly close to home, but I had about decided that it would not happen. The local Ferrari store traded for one Thursday, and I snagged it up yesterday! The looks are still growing on me, but the car is AMAZING to drive! What a blast! Now for some mods!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hell yeah Carrot!

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Congrats Bigcarrot and welcome aboard. That Blue with White is a lovely color (as well as white, tungsten, heritage, black...hell they're all lovely!).

You probably already know, but the members of this forum are a HUGE wealth of information. Consult with them liberally and often. I do.

Eric

PS Post photos when you get a chance.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Are you a viper guy too?

You must be the same guy thats on the viper site also.
welcome!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Thanks guys! I'm really digging the car! Petunia, I'[m used to it! lol Gforce, yep that's me. I think I'm now a member of just about all of the forums but Fchat. Maybe I'll do that next!

GaryA

Jan 24, 2006
Congratulations Carrot!

Now that you have both a GT and a Gallardo, what's your impression of the GT?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That makes Carrot, Chad, and Steve that all have both. How can I get in this club. :lol

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
GaryA said:
Congratulations Carrot!

Now that you have both a GT and a Gallardo, what's your impression of the GT?

I like the looks af the Gallardo better, and I think the steering and handling are a little sharper, but I'll take the GT in just about every other category! The car is money!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Oh, I forgot to mention that the holes in the seat SUCK! They really wear my spine out!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Big Carrot said:
I like the looks af the Gallardo better, and I think the steering and handling are a little sharper, but I'll take the GT in just about every other category! The car is money!

So what's the acceleration difference like between the two (I know the answer, I just like hearing it :lol)

W.Mitty did a really nice comparo at F-Chat when he traded his GT in on a Gallardo.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
DBK said:
So what's the acceleration difference like between the two (I know the answer, I just like hearing it :lol)

W.Mitty did a really nice comparo at F-Chat when he traded his GT in on a Gallardo.

No comparison really. The Gallardo has very little low end torque, so it takes a minute to build up steam. It does have an INCREDIBLE exhaust note though! The GT just pulls through the whole power band! After a pulley change, and a couple of other things, it should wow me even more! I've owned several Vipers, and I really missed the torquey RWD feel. This car is just what the doctor ordered. I just wish my checkbook agreed!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Big Carrot said:
It does have an INCREDIBLE exhaust note though!

+1 in a major way. I'd be yo-yoing through the revs all the time just to hear it. Was that your Heffner TT in that vid recently?

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
DBK said:
+1 in a major way. I'd be yo-yoing through the revs all the time just to hear it. Was that your Heffner TT in that vid recently?

HAHA! Yeah, when I'm cruising down the road in the Gallardo, I catch myself consantly laying into the throttle just to hear it scream. Under bridges and tunnels..... fogetaboutit! The car in the video isn't mine.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Big Carrot said:
The looks are still growing on me, but the car is AMAZING to drive! What a blast!

Just curious. Why buy a car if you are not crazy about the looks? Just for the performance?

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
AZGT said:
Just curious. Why buy a car if you are not crazy about the looks? Just for the performance?

That pretty much sums it up!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome, you will enjoy this place. :thumbsup

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Hey Carrot, welcome to another great club.

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Welcome, BC!

I'll be catching up with you in Dallas soon.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
CHAD said:
Hey Carrot, welcome to another great club.

Thanks, fella! We need to meet up one of these days! Coming back to Tejas any time soon?

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
getbit said:
Welcome, BC!

I'll be catching up with you in Dallas soon.

I'll believe it when I see TWO blue/white GT's in my driveway! ;) Did you figure out when you can get out of there yet?