IDA Exhaust Update?

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Were not several owners who had bought the IDA exhaust to post again after the install? My recall was that they were going to attempt to record a *.wav of the sound as well as photos of the completed install as well as description of any problems encounted.

In either case, if anyone has the system now installed and been using it for several weeks, I would like to hear your current thoughts on the decision.

Thanks in advance,

- doc

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
eshrink said:
Were not several owners who had bought the IDA exhaust to post again after the install? My recall was that they were going to attempt to record a *.wav of the sound as well as photos of the completed install as well as description of any problems encounted.

In either case, if anyone has the system now installed and been using it for several weeks, I would like to hear your current thoughts on the decision.

Thanks in advance,

- doc

One of the best things you could get for your car.

Dave

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
One of the best things i did.

But he did alot more than exhaust.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I wonder if Corsa has any plans to build GT exhaust systems.

- doc

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Ida Exhaust Update

My GT went into the shop today and should be completed tomorrow . I will have an update on Wednesday. I am also adding the new upgraded oil cooler and a couple of other little items. According to Bob regarding and the lower engine temps it would have been a good test this past weekend in Fresno 103 to 106 depending on location.......

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Fresno being 103-106

We haven't heard from Bony.... Must still be re-hydrating!

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
I think I saw him in the GT Saturday night ?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GRTG4CE said:
I think I saw him in the GT Saturday night ?

yup,... I was out Saturday, never saw more than 210degrees on the water temp, had to get a smog check and a vin verification, had my plates pulled beacause DMV didn't ask me when I registered to do that. It is done. Was out Saturday night as well, car was running cool, a/c is ice cold except when waiting in line stopped for a light to change you can feel the air warm up.

Who is doing your service in Fresno..., I mean Fres-yes?

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Hello Bony;
Swanson Farney ( Jerry Farney ) great guy and super shop !!!!

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
IDA Exhaust

Eshrink,

I will repost photos...sounds great, al ittle loud when you first fire it up and it does drone a little at sustained speeds, but you can usually get out of it.

KOSUPPLY

Attachments

• IDA 004.jpg
    IDA 004.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IDA 001.jpg
    IDA 001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 151
  • IDA 003.jpg
    IDA 003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IDA 002.jpg
    IDA 002.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 153

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
KO Supply,

What I would like to see is an exhaust system that does not drone, has a deep rumble and is more of a showcase for the quality of the engine design as well as minimizing back pressure.

All exhausts that are described for the GT seem to be endorse with caveats.

- doc

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
kosupply said:
Eshrink,

I will repost photos...sounds great, al ittle loud when you first fire it up and it does drone a little at sustained speeds, but you can usually get out of it.

KOSUPPLY

Looks great... any chance of a sound clip??

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
sound clip of Ida GT exhaust

I will post a sound clip if someone will tell me how to do it. Thanks in advance!

Ed

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Dr. Sims:

Either:

a. Use your digital MiniDV (etc) camcorder and out the recording to Windows Movie Maker via firewire

b. Record the only the sound from your camcorder using Windows Sound Recorder

c. Use a hand held cassette recorder and output the signal into the input of your sound card

d. Input a mic into your audio-in port of your laptop and record directly onto the hard drive using Windows Sound Recorder.

- doc

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
thanks Doc

Dear Doc - I have the video clip with sound from my camera already in my computer. How do I post it on the forum? Or did you just tell me how? Thanks.

Ed

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Dr. Sims:

I do not believe that you have a file size limit. So, you would just go to your Photo Gallery (upper right on this page) and My Photos and then upload.

- doc

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Sound of Ida exhaust system

This is a short video of a quick test using my low-profile shifter ball with short-throw shifter. This is almost 40% less throw over the stock setup. I also have a Ida exhaust system:

FLASH VERSION:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/da8b42df-e49f-407d-973b-91727e2821ae.htm

WINDOWS MEDIA VERSION:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/da8b42df-e49f-407d-973b-91727e2821ae.htm
Jay
www.gtsaver.com

https://www.shop.gtsaver.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=5&categoryId=3

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Great clip.. does that shifter also include the short throw kit from Ford?? (mine is on the way from DS)

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Low-profile shift ball-easy to install!

one of 101 said:
Great clip.. does that shifter also include the short throw kit from Ford?? (mine is on the way from DS)

one of 101,

No, just the low-profile shift ball, which is very easy to install. HECK, you need a low-profile ball :wink!

https://www.shop.gtsaver.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=5&categoryId=3

Thanks,

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

Last edited: