I want to get rid of the rear bumper!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I called Kinetic's in Atlanta about the rear bumper delete. They will eliminate the muffler box with loops (like Ida's) and install a custom rear bumper delete panel which at this time has been done to a couple of GT's but is a custom fit....

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Mad,

Make sure that Kinetics can do the rear bumper delete without sawing off the bumper rails.

I live here in the Atlanta area and have spoken to Kinetics about the bumper delete but they wanted to saw-off the rails. According to SuperB, they cost $1,295 each!. So if you ever want to return to stock, it would be pricey.

Eric

PS you should also PM Tungsten about the exhaust Kinetics did for him. It is LOUD.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hand made prototype.

Attachments

• P1000017_1.jpg
    P1000017_1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 196

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
White Petunia said:
That comment and your License Plate kind of go "hand in hand", woodn't you say :lol

Now THAT was funny.

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
on another but related topic...

do you guys think the diffuser is at the low angle that it is due to the factory rear bumper? Seems like with the removal of the bumper, the diffuser could be given a more upright angle (like on the newer ferraris) making it fit in more with the rear of the car and perhaps more effective.

Thoughts?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
White Petunia said:
That comment and your License Plate kind of go "hand in hand", woodn't you say :lol

Watch you talk'n Willis? Those are my....uhhh....initials. :bored

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16413#post16413

This is from where I posted before. PM me and I can over the details of doing this modification.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
satx said:
on another but related topic...

do you guys think the diffuser is at the low angle that it is due to the factory rear bumper? Seems like with the removal of the bumper, the diffuser could be given a more upright angle (like on the newer ferraris) making it fit in more with the rear of the car and perhaps more effective.

Thoughts?

Be careful in re-positioning the diffuser if you drive at high speeds, 100 mph ++. It was developed and positioned for a purpose, keeping the rear on the ground and getting the air out from underneath. Changing the angler may create a new problem.

Dave