I think I ordered IT!!!!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
A convertible that is... Shelby GT500 built my way not due until summer... So I think.... They will take a deposit but don't require one.... question I have is what is the exact MSRP of a convertible? Should I have ordered the KR instead (which apparently I can) what is the diff in prices? Guys.... need your info and help here.

$3500 over MSRP..

PM me or leave what you know here..

THX & Merry X-Mas

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Nobody knows what the KR price is going to be yet...at least not that I've heard...they say its going to be 65 or so.

If you can order the KR at the same over MSRP I would get the KR. Most of the ones I have seen are going for about 40-50 over MSRP.

I just got my 500 coupe and I love it..ordered it the way I wanted..the only thing I should have done is gotten the standard radio without Sirius so I didn't have that antena on the trunk.

Matt

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Nobody knows what the KR price is going to be yet...at least not that I've heard...they say its going to be 65 or so.

If you can order the KR at the same over MSRP I would get the KR. Most of the ones I have seen are going for about 40-50 over MSRP.

I just got my 500 coupe and I love it..ordered it the way I wanted..the only thing I should have done is gotten the standard radio without Sirius so I didn't have that antena on the trunk.

Matt
Thanks Matt,
I was incorrect with my thought on being able to order the KR.... if they are allocated one, I may have "rights" to it.

If you don't mind, Maybe pm me with your options and MSRP along with what you actually paid for the coupe..
Thanks,
Tim

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would go for the convertible Tim. You'll have your car at a reasonable price and be a happy man. The KR situation will likely end up with the dealer seeing $$$ signs and asking you for 30-40k over for a car that has to be built, then sent to Vegas, then sent to your dealer. Who knows what that timeline looks like.

Speak for yourself jacko.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I would go for the convertible Tim. You'll have your car at a reasonable price and be a happy man. The KR situation will likely end up with the dealer seeing $$$ signs and asking you for 30-40k over for a car that has to be built, then sent to Vegas, then sent to your dealer. Who knows what that timeline looks like.

Speak for yourself jacko.
Thanks DBK,
I agree... we would just like a fun "FAMILY" car that we all can have a little fun in... No more overcharged cars for awhile....:cheers

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
yea yea Dave has to be the smartass that would know the final price :) Am I at least close in the 65 range Dave

Tim I don't have a problem just posting them. Mine is Red with Black stripes. I got the ambient lighting and red interior package (so my interior is red and black). Basic sound 6 disc with sirius. If you can do without the sirius just get the standard radio and upgrade it when you want.

I did NOT get the nav or the Shaker 1000...in my opinion they are a waste and just add a couple of grand to the deal. I am looking at upgrading to the new FM HD radio that Ford has. That is a dealer installed option only.

I just got done rust protecting and painting the rear end of the car. Put some rear lowering springs, FRPP mufflers and the EVO stage II pulley and tune on this weekend...I have alot of stuff on order.

I think the MSRP was 45ish. My order deal was for 5K over. Let me know if you want anything else.

Matt

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Matt,
Thanks for the info. I will put it to good use when finalizing everything

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
yea yea Dave has to be the smartass.............

TIMMY!:cheers enjoy the hunt!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
enjoy the new ride... verts are neat
merry Christmas

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Matt,
Thanks for the info. I will put it to good use when finalizing everything

Tim,

Just to throw it out there, if you want a convertible why not look into the 2007 Hertz Rental vert's? Once the prices settle in, I'm sure you might be able to pick one up in the 40's range. The car is really cool, auto, most all the mod's are already done (not much to do on it) and it is an instant collectable, based on the 500 limited number of build. I am in the process of picking one up soon, but I was told that CS made 5 Hertz Shelby's in a 5 speed, which were given to the Hertz Executives....that would be the car to keep.

Hope your search will be fruitful......

Gino

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Tim,

Just to throw it out there, if you want a convertible why not look into the 2007 Hertz Rental vert's? Once the prices settle in, I'm sure you might be able to pick one up in the 40's range. The car is really cool, auto, most all the mod's are already done (not much to do on it) and it is an instant collectable, based on the 500 limited number of build. I am in the process of picking one up soon, but I was told that CS made 5 Hertz Shelby's in a 5 speed, which were given to the Hertz Executives....that would be the car to keep.

Hope your search will be fruitful......

Gino

My dear friend Gino,
How would I go about hooking up with one of those..... Back in the summer I seriously looked into the Shelby hertz but never found any available... I would gladly change my mind for a convertible one of 'em.... I didn't even know they existed.... Any info on them would be great....

Thanks in advance,
Tim

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I haven't seen a convertible Hertz before, but the Hertz cars are based off the Shelby GT, not the GT500. They have around 325HP, not 500.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Tim, have you driven one yet? If you like, you can stop by and take mine for a spin. It is modded, but will give you an idea if you really want one. I'm sure you will like it though. Even though it is basically a Mustang, it is still a fun and comfortable car to drive. It is not very tossable though, due to the weight.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Tim, have you driven one yet? If you like, you can stop by and take mine for a spin. It is modded, but will give you an idea if you really want one. I'm sure you will like it though. Even though it is basically a Mustang, it is still a fun and comfortable car to drive. It is not very tossable though, due to the weight.

Thanks for the offer... we might just have to do that.... seems I have some research to do... but I have time... Mine is not suppose to be available until early summer.... 350hp is ok, We're thinking family car here... obviously I'd love the 500+ but really just want a fun "sporty" convertible for all of us... Honestly, the wife will probably drive it more than me.... but we'll see

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Thanks for the offer... we might just have to do that.... seems I have some research to do... but I have time... Mine is not suppose to be available until early summer.... 350hp is ok, We're thinking family car here... obviously I'd love the 500+ but really just want a fun "sporty" convertible for all of us... Honestly, the wife will probably drive it more than me.... but we'll see

The 325HP one is a dog. It is available in Auto though. The GT500 can be easily modded, but only comes in stick. For $2K you will have 650HP like me. :biggrin

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Tim,

I ordered a coupe from my dealer here in the O.C. for $2,500 over MSRP. I got the car the way I wanted and now I am on the Super Snake wait list. It should be converted around summer time.

If you are really interested in a KR, Dave is right. The dealers are going to ask crazy $$$ for the car. Why do that, when you could get yours done as a SS have more HP and just as special with a Shelby VIN# and signature? It's done by the same people at the same place, just bypasses the dealer!!!!

Good Luck, Jim

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
The 325HP one is a dog. It is available in Auto though. The GT500 can be easily modded, but only comes in stick. For $2K you will have 650HP like me. :biggrin

what did you have done to yours ?