I made a mistake...

Giggs

Feb 5, 2023
Charlotte, NC
Bought the car back in April and had it shipped from across the country. I was so excited when we finalized the deal I didn't really think this one through. The seller still had the original exhaust for the car and asked if it would be okay if he packed it up and threw it in the right seat for transport. Well, I brushed by that one and said sure no problem. If I was of right mind I would paid to have him ship the exhaust separately. Well it ended up damaging the passenger door panel. I know this is probably a long shot, but what are the chances I could source a new panel surround or one that's in better shape? The shop I use for car restoration said there would be no way to fully repair it.

Reactions: Special K

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
100% on the metal surround. I still have a couple dozen because a buddy of mine owned the supplier at the time. Fair warning they are in a storage area on a side of town I am rarely in so it’s gonna take me awhile to get over there and grab a couple.

Giggs

Feb 5, 2023
Charlotte, NC
100% on the metal surround. I still have a couple dozen because a buddy of mine owned the supplier at the time. Fair warning they are in a storage area on a side of town I am rarely in so it’s gonna take me awhile to get over there and grab a couple.
oh man you're my hero!!! Take your time, in the meantime I'm going to keep driving the hell out of this beast :)

How do we connect so that I can get you compensated and give you shipping info, etc?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Dave, are those the same on right and left? If so, I'll take one off your hands too.

Pettyfan43

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2022
Patterson Ca.
GT community such a great support system like no other car