I just re flashed with SCI tuner and I felt the difference!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I used my SCI or is it sct tuner and wow i could fill the difference the power came on stronger. I thought I would'nt be able to tell anything, but I am happily suprized! :banana I recomend it!

Pipelion

Kenric,

Cool. How come you have a black GT and a pic of a yellow one?

Allan

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
You are right I need to change that.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Black GT said:
I used my SCI or is it sct tuner and wow i could fill the difference the power came on stronger. I thought I would'nt be able to tell anything, but I am happily suprized! :banana I recomend it!

Where did you get it, how much did it cost, how long to install it, any other mods necessary, etc. etc. :willy

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
$399 and it took about 5 minutes. You can get it through any Ford performance company. I will look at the receipt and let you know the company. I need to take it to the dyno and see just how much more it is making. Bone stock my car made 551rwhp so we will see.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Okay it is the SCT-XC2 and the company is Fast Parts Network LLC. They have a web site check it out.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Did you buy this device?

http://www.v8power.com/item--SCT-XCalibrator-2-OBD-II-Flash-Tool-96-05-Ford-Vehicles--SCT9400.html

Have you tried the data logging feature yet?

BlackICE

Pipelion

Kenric,

Sorry, I'm not stalking you, but now there are at least three people with the GTs' steering wheel as their pic. How can we keep you guys straight?

Now our founding father (please don't send me to hyper space for sayng this); as our moderator, the steering wheel is apropriate as you started this whole great site and 'you're at the wheel'(helm). So please keep it.

But the Ford GT steering wheel has got to be the ugliest part of the car. Other than holding a life saving device, it's just plain butt ugly.

(edited much later) OK to set the record straight I like the steering wheel it's real cool because it's so small, but the air bag holder in the middle is butt ugly, period, sorry!

I'll be waiting for a great shot of a black GT. I've got tons, PM me an I'll email you one.

Allan :biggrin

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Careful !

Black GT said:
Okay it is the SCT-XC2 and the company is Fast Parts Network LLC. They have a web site check it out.
Question however remains what program parameters you have on the program that you loaded from there.. The device alone doesn't do nothing....

Again, let me make a case for careful use of any stock off the shelf tunes. Quick to ruin your car, and cheap destruction too, for 399$. Potentially....
Better gop to a great reputed shop, and do a custom tune, that doesn't blow up your engine down the road....

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wise words from Stefan. Heed them. :thumbsup

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
I would NEVER use a canned tuned on a $150k car. Take it to someone who really knows what they are doing and have it tuned correctly on the dyno. It will be money well spent and it's not really that expensive.

To get your car tuned through us, you are only looking at $600-$725 AND you get an SCT Xcalibrator 2 when you leave. Money well spent.

Ken

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Ken I live in Alb. NM where are you located? If you are close I would love you guys to tune my car. I also have an 18psi pulley but, I don't know If I want anyone to mess with my GT.

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Black GT said:
Ken I live in Alb. NM where are you located? If you are close I would love you guys to tune my car. I also have an 18psi pulley but, I don't know If I want anyone to mess with my GT.

We are in Cincinnati, OH which is quite a haul for you. Maybe you can round up 5 guys for me to tune and I can fly in to take care of you.

Ken

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
White Petunia said:
Ken,

If you had to tune five stock GT's, would they all end up with the identical tune parameters? If not, what kind of variances do the cars end up with i.e how far off are stock cars from the factory?

If all the cars were the same (stock) they should be fairly close on the tune. The question is, are you willing to pay the extra few hundred buck for me to get it on a dyno and verify that the tune is perfect or are you willing take a chance? It's really a matter of having the peace of mind that everything is ok. In this case, both for the owner and myself as a tuner. The last think I want to happen is for me to send out a tuner to a guy and tell him it will be fine and then for him to call me back and say his brand new Ford GT blew up.

FYI, if anyone is serious about setting up a dyno day for me to fly out to, I'm more than willing to do it. It doesn't have to be all GTs. I can tune any Ford.

The price would be dependent on the number of cars we do. The number of cars we can get finished in a day depends on the level of modifications.

Ken

Pipelion

Black GT,

You're from very close to 'white sands', one of the most beautiful places on earth. Great place for black cars to be photographed (but don't take yours there) that stuff is nasty on dark paint.

Still WS is one of my favorite places

A too lean blown motor can BLOW UP!

Allan

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Lean is mean! :wink