I got mine!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
I got mine! Sure did...

Yes, I had a “Clunker” – a 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, on deaths door. Been used by my “handyman” for the last couple of years. When gas hit $4.75 here a year ago we parked it. 7 mpg was a non-starter. So it sat under a pine tree on a lot in a seedy part of town. More trouble to move it than it was worth. So it sat. Cracked windshield, faded paint, crumpled fender from a shunt my son had three years ago. A sad piece of automotive art! And just like an old dame – you could see she had lots of appeal in her younger years!

Well along came “Cash for Clunkers” !! I could not believe my luck. Jimmy, my mechanic got the booster, charged that sucker up and we drove (coaxed) it to the local Ford dealer. We left it running in the parking lot – just to prove that it ran. Saw a nice little Ford Ranger in white that had been hidden on the back lot by another salesman. After some wrangling we were told if I moved on it “now” I could have it. Move I did. $4,500 for the old Jeep, and additional $4,000 off MSRP as a “neighborly” discount (the dealer is a neighbor) I scored a nice little work truck to haul plants, lumber, mulch, motorcycles and who knows what else! All with a Ford warranty! Can’t beat that.

Thank you tax payers!! I can honestly say that this is about the only “benefit” (we’ll see?) I’ve seen since we’ve all been stimulated!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I love to see my tax money go towards something that someone I know actually receives a benefit.

Well done Gordo!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Good move, Gordo :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I got mine! Sure did...

Can’t beat that.

Thank you tax payers!!

Gordo, glad to have been of assistance. :biggrin

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Good job :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
My Dad had me check to see if he would qualify to trade in his 1992 Plymouth Acclaim (A real clunker that runs O.K.). Turns out that he doesn't because his 4 cyclinder car gets great gas mileage (at least according to the EPA estimates). He was bummed out because he thought he could score a deal as good as you did!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Sorry, but this program makes me sick to my stomach. :ack
If it was relegated to American cars only, perhaps only GM or Chrysler (since the American Taxpayers own a nice chunk of each) I might get warm on it. But to know our hard earned money is also going to foriegn car company profits, well, I just can't swallow that.
What's the point?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gordo-

Congratulations and you're welcome. Good to see my tax dollars going to good use. :wink It is the least I can do after you loaned me your new Bimmer for the car rally last year!

-Chris

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I got mine! Sure did...

Thank you tax payers!! I can honestly say that this is about the only “benefit” (we’ll see?) I’ve seen since we’ve all been stimulated!

All I can say is "you're welcome" and if I'm in your neck of the woods I would like to use it to help offset my partial ownership in it. :thumbsup