Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Well if I read correctly Mark Fields has more stock than all of them

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ah, no. There are two classes of shares of Ford stock. The family holds a different class (B) that has a premium voting value, and is not publicly traded, over the common shares that are owned/traded in the NYSE market. Mark owns quite a bit of the common variety of shares, which is probably the source of the information.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You should be able to find out the exec holdings info in the 10K.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
As the deadline to submit an application approaches and the selection process begins, I've started this thread for all those not selected who will feel compelled to carp about the application or selection process. Please post your complaints in this thread to keep the Forum tidy and organized. It will be nice to have one thread to identify all those who don't own big boy pants so the rest of us who aren't selected can poke the appropriate amount of fun at you.

Complaints will invariably fall into one or more of the following categories:

A. I was conceived, birthed and/or have copulated in a 19XX Ford, have owned nothing but Fords since birth and, as result, I am more deserving;

B. I am a rich vulgarian and should not be denied the opportunity to buy anything my thick wallet permits; and/or

C. Although having no intention to actually buy a NGT, I wanted to be selected and, thereafter, have the satisfaction of declining to complete the purchase because the car has a turbo V6, doesn't sound like a V8, didn't win every race in it's first season, etc.

When posting your complaints, please select one or more categories above that best describes you and provide your email address. I will provide you with a link to download "I'm a loser" by The Beatles and "You can't always get what you want" by The Rolling Stones." I will also send you a bumper sticker: "501st on the NGT list."

Thankfully I have read this and although disappointed, still feel this is one of the funniest threads ever...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been thinking on this. It was stressful, but put it in perspective. I've experienced two "anxious" periods.

The first was in 1971-1975 when I was afraid I was going to get the "Welcome" letter from the US government.

The second was this year waiting for Ford to tell me if I was going to get a new GT.

There was a lot of angst in both cases. In both cases things turned out as I expected.

I was glad I didn't get the first letter, but I was a little sad I didn't get the second, but never figured I had much of a shot anyway.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thankfully I have read this and although disappointed, still feel this is one of the funniest threads ever...

You're very kind. I made the post with the hope that everyone would keep things in perspective. Describing rejection or selection as the "worst day of one's life" or the "best day in someone's life" is sad.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Guy's....... Don't know what to say except I got a different letter. Now I must figure out what color etc I want. Thx Ford.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
"I didn't get picked to buy a NGT" sour grapes thread

Initially a little disappointed but then I remembered I'm healthy and I still have a long life ahead of me. I have a great wife of 26 years. I'm going to Pebble Beach in August for the fourth time in five years. I missed 2013 because I had to go to stupid Hawaii for my brother's wedding (kidding loved Hawaii). Every Chevy owner I ever met told me they love my 2005 Ford GT. I drove my GT today so all is great. Oh yea, I'm going to meet a bunch of GT owners in Austin in September too and have an awesome time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Special K

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Guy's....... Don't know what to say except I got a different letter. Now I must figure out what color etc I want. Thx Ford.

Congratulations! I got the other letter this morning, but it is good to know of someone here who will own one. Again, congrats!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Ok, trying to lighten the mood a little with an off topic joke...:wink
I stole this joke and modified it but it made Monica and I laugh out loud. :biggrin

A senior citizen drove his brand new Ford GT out of the dealership.
Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little gray hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-25, pushing the pedal even more.
Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a state trooper behind him, lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this," and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.
Pulling in behind him, the trooper walked up to the Ford Gt, looked at his watch, and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."
The old gentleman paused. Then he said, "Years ago, my wife
ran off with a State trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
That made me laugh so mission accomplished

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Glad to be here reading this thread. Very disappointed right now and these posts have put a smile on my face.

Thank you, David Garton

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That made me laugh so mission accomplished

+1

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
I'm beginning to think that my inclusion of a self portrait hurt my chances...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 303

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Now that is funny!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Kinda looks like Sammy Hagar...but he owns a FGT.