Hurricane Ian

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I know we have FL members in SW Florida (Tampa area), central Florida (Orlando), and NE Florida (Jax) ... Good luck to y'all 🤞🤞Hopefully Ian continues pushing out to sea.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks. I’m in the Tampa Bay area. We got very lucky this time. I feel badly for my friends in Cape Coral/Ft. Myers.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
We have friends in Port Charlotte. They went inland but don't know how far and don't know how hard they were hit.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Windy here in Orlando....got up about day break and blowing about 60mph from north
shredded branches all over community roads.
Got about 8 inches of rain mostly from diner last night till day break.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I hope everyone (and their cars) fared ok. I know firsthand what it feels like to have a submerged GT. (Hint: Not good!).

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The social medias showed a McLaren P1 flooded, and floated out of its garage in Naples (no clue on the credibility, but pic was a flooded P1)

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I took mine to my mom's house on the other side of the ICW, just in case. She was definitely the coolest 82 yr old widow in her age-restricted
community. And you can see she is happy. I am sure she will keep the garage door open a lot until I come back and get it.

Ford Ian.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Here is the Mclaren

Attachments

• EE63CC6A-72E9-4E9B-A352-DAB8AEE3E11E.jpeg
    EE63CC6A-72E9-4E9B-A352-DAB8AEE3E11E.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 18

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm still in Jersey until next week but my GT is in Venice, just on the "lucky" side of the eye wall. Trees down, lanai cages in ruin everywhere, no power as of last evening. There are lots of GT's, old and new, in the "unlucky" side of the landfall in Ft Myers and Naples (Tachy). Waiting to hear from them and wishing for the best.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I was in Clearwater FL for the last one.
Not the same animal.
Wish the best to all our friends.
Cars can be replaced, people cannot!
My Best,
Mark

Reactions: RPM217

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Communication channels are shot. I called and texted Tachy several times with no response. I think his new heritage was in the shop.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hemingway's cats are OK.

Reactions: Empty Pockets

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hemingway's cats are OK.

😎

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I took mine to my mom's house on the other side of the ICW, just in case. She was definitely the coolest 82 yr old widow in her age-restricted
community. And you can see she is happy. I am sure she will keep the garage door open a lot until I come back and get it.

View attachment 66885
Glad ya'll are safe!

Reactions: steved57

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Thanks to all my forum friends for their concerns. Stayed in town through the storm. Both GTs were in the garage. The 30 year old door faces south, where the winds were coming from. Placed 4 vehicles outside the door as a wind break, had shims and vise grips holding the door from the inside. Went to check on the cars at least 30 times, every time there was a major wind gust. Door didn't budge! Home with minor damage, cars and family fine. We did, however, lose our beach house on the Gulf on Fort Myers Beach. The devastation is much greater than appreciated from the TV news. Anything not built within the last few years is either totally destroyed or likely to be condemned. The beach will never be the same.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks to all my forum friends for their concerns. Stayed in town through the storm. Both GTs were in the garage. The 30 year old door faces south, where the winds were coming from. Placed 4 vehicles outside the door as a wind break, had shims and vise grips holding the door from the inside. Went to check on the cars at least 30 times, every time there was a major wind gust. Door didn't budge! Home with minor damage, cars and family fine. We did, however, lose our beach house on the Gulf on Fort Myers Beach. The devastation is much greater than appreciated from the TV news. Anything not built within the last few years is either totally destroyed or likely to be condemned. The beach will never be the same.
I’m glad you and the family are ok. I’ve lived in Florida for decades and experienced many hurricanes. This one really alarmed me. I built my new office as a hurricane shelter (all concrete/red iron, 150kw generator, shower, etc.). I’m grateful I didn’t need to use it. I was expecting a direct hit, but after a minor hurricane clean up, I’m at Road Atlanta in my RV. Control is just an illusion.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Elliot
So sorry to hear that. But Are importantly MANDY and I are happy that you and And your family are OK. And I’m glad your car family is OK too

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Elliott
So glad to hear you and family are OK

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
I’m in N Naples near I 75. 125 MPH wind gusts, but no damage. Those closer to the Gulf did not fare as well. A lot of high end cars were destroyed.