How to park like a boss in your NFGT...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Throwback to a crew member at Circuit of the Americas in 2017, from the Forum Rally.

But actually, curious to hear from owners, how is backing up, parking, and general side / rear / front visibility in the NFGT? Insight appreciated.

COTA17-04474a.jpg

Reactions: Ed Sims and digman1

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not too bad, remember the NGT has a back up camera (unless you have a 17 Comp car). The side mirrors are actually pretty good. On the flip side, if I ever leave it anywhere (rare) its off in the middle of no where in the parking lot.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Having driven fire trucks and cargo vans for many years, using the skill of side mirrors to back up is the quickest way for me to back the new and old GT up then I transition my focal point to the rear camera (or open the door and look backwards on the 05/06) to get my distance to the parking curb/wall. It becomes second nature if you drive the car frequently.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
What he said. 👆

Rear cameras still don't work for me in terms of side-to-side placement. Much easier to use side mirrors and a quick turn of the head. Rear camera is great for not smacking the splitter against curbs or parking blocks in the final few inches of backing up, but otherwise it doesn't help me.

Reactions: Special K

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
The NFGT is a piece of cake compared to the 05/06 GTs.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I agree 1000%, and what I was trying to say initially. Mirrors are good, and the camera is handy not to hit stuff.

Backing any car while staring at the camera, scares me. Too much other stuff that needs to be looked at.

Rear cameras still don't work for me in terms of side-to-side placement. Much easier to use side mirrors and a quick turn of the head. Rear camera is great for not smacking the splitter against curbs or parking blocks in the final few inches of backing up, but otherwise it doesn't help me.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Made me think about buying some curb feelers. :)

41p8BIJh0AL._AC_.jpg

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Fred,
curb feelers would look cool on the FGT.
Install a set so we can assess,
Andy (ajb)