How to change the pulley??

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Do I remove the complete blower unit or just the snaut?? How is the belt adjusted to the new size pulley??

Thanks
Jason

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You have to remove the whole blower, and while that's off you have to remove the snout. It's a pretty involved process, but if you've got several hours and know what you're doing it can be done. The belt has a happy margin it has to sit in, and thus far, going to the 2.7 has caused no problems on mine. I'm not sure how it'll keep from slipping, but we'll see....

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm a little worried about the belt slipping. When I launch a can hear a little squek from the belt, and mounting a smaller pulley surely must make that worse...

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but in a magazine review of the GT I read that the test driver was told (by Ford?) that if hit the 1-2 shift at 62mph (I think) and "heard the supercharger belt chirp", then he had got the shift perfect.

Maybe this 'squeak' you get on launch is the same as the 'chirp' the tester wanted to hear on the upshift? So, maybe not totally a bad thing....?

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
You will get some slight belt slip in the upper rpms with most smaller pulleys. You may not hear it and woudl probably not feel it while driving, but it will be there. You can get some spacers than Kenne Bell makes to cure this though.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Pulley Change

Kenne Bell has a Power Steering/Supercharger Belt Spacer Kit "F5008", $19.00, when going to a SMALER PULLEY.

AMB

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
I recently also noted the pulley slip during vigorous shift/drive on a stock GT.