How to buy...get on list?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Totally agree with Chip...

I will also be there at LeMans... hopefully with a 2016/17 Ford GT in tow :)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm certainly of the sentiment that even if the '16 GT is nothing but a poster on my wall it is nothing but a good thing. I love my '06 GT but more importantly I love what it represents in the automotive world. Here's to hoping the '16 continues the legacy.

Vince H

BTW: How cool is it that THE Stuart Appleby is a member here and casually joins in on the conversation. You're a class act Stuart and have been every time I have followed you around the links.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
BTW: How cool is it that THE Stuart Appleby is a member here and casually joins in on the conversation. You're a class act Stuart and have been every time I have followed you around the links.

I agree!!! If you read that link about his M5ute, he obviously has a ton of car knowledge. Now we know how he spends his time off the course!! This car forum is "the bomb". Great to have car guys(gals) no matter what they do in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Stuart posts on here and CJ Wilson is the same way on Rennlist with his CGT. Both great sportsmen and car guys.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Here are a couple of car guys who should be removed from the list. :biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do9upu3kX8w

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
i wish Leno would become a member and contribute. He probably will get a NFGT and could give us a good reivew compared to the P1, etc. I know he loves McLaren.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Here are a couple of car guys who should be removed from the list. :biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do9upu3kX8w

hilarious....
Thanks!

I would like to join you in 2016 in Le Mans, i am the proud owner of one of those 101 for europe, Vin…….400834 a 2005 model.
I suppose you would fly from the state of Arizone somehow to Europe, maybe to Paris i guess in this case i come and fetch you to give you a ride in my car to Le Mans, so we can arrive there in style. Our Luggage, yours and mine, plus anymore traveling people with you and myself we put in a van, such as Renault Espace and they will follow us to our hotel near the circuit of the 24 hrs race.
But ChipBeck, this plan is only good when we start planning now !

Let me know, what you think about my proposal ? You can as well, write me an e-mail, in case you want my e-mail address, send me a PN, please.
bye for now
Felix
Gentlemen,

Plus one on the above. From the time I bought my GT brand new to today I have always voiced (and posted here) my desire that Ford build a successor to our GT's. Screw effects on resale if there are any. I don't own one of the 134 original GT's (still haven't given up on that) but I'm glad they exist and we are all richer for it. Capitalism and freedom produce dream worthy products that motivate and inspire us. And if Ford takes the GT back to Le Mans in 2016 I will be there watching with the same pride I felt when my son Charley was playing football. All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

gtr

Dec 2, 2010
I couldn't' get on the list last time and it looks like history will repeat itself.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Felix,

There is an effort underway exploring the options of having a number of Forum GT owners attend LeMans next year.

I couldn't' get on the list last time and it looks like history will repeat itself.

Grt,

I never got on a “list” either but through months of looking and calling dealer representatives across the country, I was able to buy a new GT from a Ford dealer. With limited production runs, it takes work if you are committed to own one. (And this was before Elite Auto was around).:wink

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
My dealer told me today that he will be getting a GT. Really has me freaked out. I asked him how he could know this for sure and he just laughed a little and said I'm getting one trust me! I've known him for thirty years bought like fifty cars and trucks from him, and he's always been strait up. Could be I mite get a chance at one.