How to buy...get on list?

atl_gt

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
Has anyone heard about how the purchasing will work? I am about to start hitting up my Ford contacts, but was wondering if anyone else has heard anything. It would be great if current 05/06 GT owners were given preference.:biggrin

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
The allocation arrangements are pretty straightforward. You are not getting one.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
The allocation arrangements are pretty straightforward. You are not getting one.

I just LMFAO

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
:lol

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Start making friends with the likes of Leno and Seinfeld :lol

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
I was told by my dealer to simply get on the Ford website and register interest. truth is until the spec of car is published, particularly to weight I"m not sure how much i want it. otherwise the process is completely unclear to me at this stage. aren't they going to try to ensure the cars end up in the hands of owners rather than speculators. the classic car market has gone ballistic in last few yrs and Ford should be concerned they'll be bought by speculators for a quick turn. there should be some sort of validation process with existing GT owners gaining preference.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
... some sort of validation process with existing GT owners gaining preference.
Highly un-likely scenario.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Per Ford availability and pricing will be announced closer to the production date. Dealers are not supposed to be taking deposits. If you do be sure it is refundable and held in an escrow account. The reality of 250 units world wide is less than 1 in 10 North American dealers will see a vehicle, meaning even some of the larger dealers that sold multiple 05-06 vehicles will probably not get one. Many of them will keep it for their private collection. The rest will probably head directly to Ebay where they don't have to justify ADMs.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Start making friends with the likes of Leno and Seinfeld :lol

I was thinking the same thing :)

image.jpg

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Hahahaha! Couldn't have been better said!

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Jaguar did an interesting way for the Project 7. Since they were only going to build a maximum of 250 cars for worldwide sale. People who were interested had to submit a request to a dealer along with a $20k deposit. Dealers had to forward the requests to Jaguar home office. Dealers were permitted to plea your case to Jaguar as to why you should be permitted to buy one. Only individuals were permitted to submit a request, no dealer principles or employees. then after a few months the held a "lottery" for those who's names were selected can move ahead with their order for delivery next summer. The only option is color.

Mine will be British Racing Green. I forgot to metion they requested your head size along with you color choice for a matching Bell helmet.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Has anyone heard about how the purchasing will work? I am about to start hitting up my Ford contacts, but was wondering if anyone else has heard anything. It would be great if current 05/06 GT owners were given preference.:biggrin

No truer words.........assuming you are "Joe Six-pack" like 95% of us here, atl.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
cookie jar.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Jaguar did an interesting way for the Project 7. Since they were only going to build a maximum of 250 cars for worldwide sale. People who were interested had to submit a request to a dealer along with a $20k deposit. Dealers had to forward the requests to Jaguar home office. Dealers were permitted to plea your case to Jaguar as to why you should be permitted to buy one. Only individuals were permitted to submit a request, no dealer principles or employees. then after a few months the held a "lottery" for those who's names were selected can move ahead with their order for delivery next summer. The only option is color.

Mine will be British Racing Green. I forgot to metion they requested your head size along with you color choice for a matching Bell helmet.

That sounds pretty fair to me.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
I just LMFAO

+ 1:biggrin

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
GT Jim & I discussed this. First, find a dealer that will actually be getting a new GT. Second, find out if he loves his family. Third, kidnap the family until car is delivered.
I don't take credit for this, mind you. I just took the idea from "The Friends Of Eddie Coyle" (1973/Paramount, starring Robert Mitchum, Peter Boyle).

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
There is no list!

Well maybe there is …and if you have to ask, you're not on it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have said it before and I will say it again - it's premature for anyone to make any assumptions about the allocation or distribution process for this car. Nothing is yet written in stone, and there's a long time to go before cars are even available for order, let alone delivery (i.e a lot can change).

All you can be assured of is that it will not follow the same process as the rest of the Ford lineup, or the last Ford GT.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
So in other words, get to Rally 10 and wait for further instructions?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
:agree: