How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Well, I'm pretty much screwed, LOL.

I'm just some schmuck who loves cars and talked my wife 7 years ago into letting me get a car we probably couldn't afford at the time (a decision I never regretted once). With only 1000 made, it'll be sold out instantly to every; A-list actor, Athlete, well known musician, Ford executive and their friends, Billionaire Oil Tycoons and the list goes on...

Bummer. M

Not much of a marketing plan, if in fact those are the buyers. Basically just a financial plan to homologate at a price that is consistent with competitor targets. I would have put the cars in the hands of different demographic.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I guess I'm glad that I won't be fighting over one - even one that gets race damaged will be above my financial capability. At least if I want to stay in retirement and live off my current investments. I really don't want to have to go back to work!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
There arent that many buyers at $400K

Even at $150K GT's sat on lots til 2007; and that was with a booming economy, real estate, stock, private equity, VC, PE, HF market

What ever it prices at, 6 mo later cars will be dumped and flipped like any other asset.

Talk is cheap; $400K aint.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Not much of a marketing plan, if in fact those are the buyers. Basically just a financial plan to homologate at a price that is consistent with competitor targets. I would have put the cars in the hands of different demographic.

I agree.

...if I see Paris hilton driving one, I'm selling all my Ford products. LOL

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Margaret wants one even at $400,000.00 . Me, not so much .. that is a lot of money.

But look at it this way... When we have our FordGT Forum Rally XI, XII and XIII, we may get to meet Justin Verlander and his GF,
or Bill Clinton and Hillary or Donald Trump or Paris Hilton and others... just think of it. !!

andy (AJB)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Margaret wants one even at $400,000.00 . Me, not so much .. that is a lot of money.

But look at it this way... When we have our FordGT Forum Rally XI, XII and XIII, we may get to meet Justin Verlander and his GF,
or Bill Clinton and Hillary or Donald Trump or Paris Hilton and others... just think of it. !!

andy (AJB)

Well Andy, I understand Justin Beaver wants one as well. Now how do you feel? :rofl

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well Andy, I understand Justin Beaver wants one as well. Now how do you feel? :rofl

Justin Beaver? :lol

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Justin Beaver? :lol

:facepalm::rofl

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
j beaver.jpg

What are you guys laughing at?? :wink

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
even WAY OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES ------ AND ON TO THE MIDDLE EAST HERE we think its ALOTTTTTT AND NOT SO MANY OF THE PPL HERE INCLUDING ME COULD AFFORD SUCH THING ----- PLUS MENTALITY DIDNT CHANGE V6 PRICED TO A V12 unless real world proved tht its faster than the aventador then ppl might be intrested .... but as you guys said its more like buying an real estate or a house its more of an investment than for drivers ..... especially after everyone knowing about how high our gt prices went uppppp

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
View attachment 37541

Now that is funny right there!!! It actually is Justin Beaver!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube_share;wCsy9s3Wlmg]http://youtu.be/wCsy9s3Wlmg[/video]

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Whatever the list price, I'm in. But I will not get reamed by Dealers throwing on huge mark-ups (well,maybe I'd go twenty over......)? My guess has always been high threes/low fours so I'm not passing out over the "Aventador price range" remark. The one thing that would put me off is if it truly is only 600hp, this car needs to be 675-700+ in order to be a class leader

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Dave you never cease to amaze me. How in the world did you find that clip?

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I voted yes at the $400k but I wont pay the ridiculous mark ups they are going to ask. I would pay up to $50k over and that is it. I am 1st on the list with two dealers and it will be a slim chance either of them get one.

I am torn at their scope of market, I mean how do you take a 6cyl ford and target the flagship Lamborghini?? I don't think it is fair to the loyal GT people and there is a lot of room for failure when you set your sights that high. Guess I am going to forget about the GT and start laying the ground work for my dream car.......Pagani!!

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I am in for sure! I may be crazy but I think $500k is the magic number with this car that buyers will be willing to pay. I have given my name to many so when the list forms, I will be on some ones! lol

Mike

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
OK, I offer Ford a solution, Here we have the new GT, Drop dead gorgeous, incredibly positive and enthusiastic response by the press and public alike! Only make 1200 and all the headaches which dealers and customer gets one!! Seems the limiting step is the chassis, "bake"" one by one and push the price over $400?! Let the select few enter a bidding war, why not make a few thousand more out of a combination of aluminum and CF, drop the price a $100k and let the rest of us of a chance to acquire one! Keep all the rest the same, i will take the 200lbs extra!! Would make alot more people happy and solve the distribution problem!

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Up here in Canada I bought 3 of the 277 that came into Canada. The way things are looking I won't get a 2016. Is there no Loyalty with Big Business. Also I took my trade in a Ford Dealership, Journeyman Auto mechanic 1980 , I bleed Blue. I also have been told I would get one, but am not holding my breath. Might have to buy a mid engine corvette when they come out, as my name is on that list too..

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave and Rex ...between your video clip of the 'bieberization of America' and the ''photoshop of beiber on the beaver", you have made my evening complete with a hearty laugh. :):):)

...but yes, I would like to meet the "Beibs" at Rally XII... I am told he is a very accomplished race car driver.. (Ron and Andy told me that)
Damn...talk about a hi-jacked thread...!

andy (ajb)

Cobraguy

GT Owner
View attachment 37541

Epic Canadian Beaver insult......