How many Ford GT owners are there?

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
SAAC does the Shelby American Automobile Club has a Registry for Cobras and GT40's it incudes the FORD GT's over 300 pages for just the GT's

You can contact JEFF Burgy newfordgtregistar@saac.com

Dominic

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I would think that virtually every FGT that was involved in an accident, no matter how bad, would be rebuilt considering the price of the car. These cars are just too valuable to scrap and these days, virtually any damage can be fixed. Do we know if any just got junked and didn't get rebuilt? I know the FGT Guys have performed some real miracles putting these cars back together, having seen one on a recent visit to their shop. An owner was picking up his FGT that was badly damaged and it looked like a new car. They showed me the old panels and damaged pieces and I was just stunned that they could restore that mess...Those guys do amazing work, aka "Miracle" workers!
The true number of cars rebuilt from a twisted mess would be an interesting statistic to see.

Treviso,

This would appear to be true but it is not. Many even moderately damaged Ford GT's are not being rebuilt because parts prices are so high that they are prohibitively expensive to rebuild and the salvage value of wrecked cars is also high because of those high parts prices. FGT's that have been driven 4 feet deep into a telephone pole are bringing close to msrp as wrecks. It makes a lot more sense to part many wrecked GT's out than to rebuild them. Those parted out GT's are being used to put other wrecked GT's back together. A rear new clamshell alone is about 40 grand.

I think that about 1000 GT's have been exported counting the 440+ originally exported by Ford and the number of wrecked and not rebuilt GT's is sky high. 2500 is a realistic number of Ford GT's in the US today.

Chip

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Not sure if any number means anything concrete. Values are up, damages cars are up, number of owners is small compared to other car brands. If you own one, you are lucky and fortunate, if you own more than one, congratulations. If you don't own one, then you are out of luck or will pay more than the orignal owners did to get one.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That's an understatement - LOL

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Agree with Chip..2500 or a little less left in US.
Even here in Hattiesburg a guy totaled a GT beyond repair 5 years ago and I know of at least 5 guys on the forum who totaled their cars. One from Russia on the forum got killed in his many years ago..