How Many 05's???

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
red gt 1442 said:
While you were there did anyone notice the fact that the front bumper on the GT500 has 2 indentations in it to guide the dealer to install a front plate bracket.....which just happens to be off center.....When my dealer called me to let me know my Shelby was ready, they asked if i wanted a front license plate bracket....because NY State requires it...and I would be driving the Shelby on a regular basis, I asked them to install it.....to my dismay, when i picked up the car...I didn;t....I pointed out that the license plate frame was way off....they had no choice but to give me a new bumper......and BTW,, while at SEMA i checked out all of the Shelby's that were there...same issue.....I hope they have addressed it by now....
Yes I did, so I asked them to just throw the license plate bracket in the trunk (which they did). We are required to have it in VA too, but so far, just having it and the plate in the trunk have been no problems on most of my cars that I did not want to install the plate on. Sorry to hear about it getting screwed up on your car. If anyone else has this problem, you can always ask the dealer to replace it under warranty since it is wrong. He makes the warranty bucks, parts go back to Ford anyway, and you win. I did it when I got my 1st Ford GT and they even had the part shipped overnight to the dealer and installed before I had the car shipped. Customer delight to folks like us seems to work. Doesn't hurt to ask. I will send this to my contact at Ford and see what they say.

Last edited: