How history repeats itself....

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
In the 60's a race car was born hoping to be sold as a street car.
40 years later its reincarnated as a street car hoping to go racing.
Once again , the race car is created, hoping to become a wonderful street car
THE FORD GT40, FORD GT THE NEW FORD GT.
ALL THE BEST
Good luck Ford.
GTJOEY1314
The cycle of GT goes on forever.
Luckily I saved 10 minutes for the last tv show.......

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I echo your sentiment. Very happy for Ford and to be a car enthusiast. So cool.

Vince H

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Luckily I saved 10 minutes for the last tv show.......

I hope you get it on your show before Top Gear.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I thought it was interesting that they revealed the car, in what appeared to be its street form. Especially with racing being the primary focus of its revival. Very cool actually.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I hope you get it on your show before Top Gear.
Top gear, Top gear, heard of it, but isn't that an old show from years gone by?
I need you at Carlisle, looks like you the only one who can fit in the drivers seat.......
GTJOEY1314 Having fun., Hey Jeff it was 10 years ago we were sitting in the pool at the Ritz...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Top gear, Top gear, heard of it, but isn't that an old show from years gone by?
I need you at Carlisle, looks like you the only one who can fit in the drivers seat.......
GTJOEY1314 Having fun., Hey Jeff it was 10 years ago we were sitting in the pool at the Ritz...

I'll be at Carlisle with my GT. Made my formal entry for this event with Lance in Dearborn, during dinner at the Automobile Hall of Fame August of 2013.

And no I don't want inside parking.

Bring your swim suit my friend, we'll do it again!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How history repeats itself....

Speaking of that...

Uuuuuh...back in about '06, '07, or '08 - somewhere in there...didn't Ford vow/promise/declare there would BE NO MORE Ford GTs built beyond the 4038 '05/'06 FGTs already produced? 'That they would be IT? :skep

And yet, doesn't the new car 'sport' the same FGT moniker and at least remind one of the existing FGTs? Or am I wrong?

Ya, ya, ya...I know...I'm undoubtedly completely outta line for bringing that up...

Therefore, I'm going BACK to my room...again...:leaving:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Speaking of that...

Uuuuuh...back in about '06, '07, or '08 - somewhere in there...didn't Ford vow/promise/declare there would BE NO MORE Ford GTs built beyond the 4038 '05/'06 FGTs already produced? 'That they would be IT? :skep

And yet, doesn't the new car 'sport' the same FGT moniker and at least remind one of the existing FGTs? Or am I wrong?

Ya, ya, ya...I know...I'm undoubtedly completely outta line for bringing that up...

Therefore, I'm going BACK to my room...again...:leaving:

Yep, they also said that the GT500 Mustang would be a limited run. It was, only 8 years...

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Ford sold as many 05/06 FGT as they could. I purchased my two in the middle of 2006. I paid msrp because the dealers had been sitting on the cars for a while and wanted to get rid if them! I think Ford will limit the production to how many they can sell!