Houston Auto Show

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Went yesterday cause I was bored and missed out the last 2 years.

Probably the best part was seeing a car I knew!!!!

Pretty sure this is DoctorV8's car?
symgt2.jpg

Another pic:
ofa8lu.jpg

As a 2001 Mustang owner, I was somewhat disappointed by the current Mustang. But They had a couple 2010s and I am very impressed!
ixqdk3.jpg

2s6agll.jpg

Finally, something Spirit will like! Volkswagen set up some real life injection molding right there on the show room floor. I found it to be fascinating!
smx6p4.jpg

4zyog2.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
you are correct.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
My neighbors went to the Houston Car Show today and picked this up for me!

Matches mine that I picked up Monday! Except of course the wheels!!!

Larry Boatner
New Owner
Humble Texas

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
My neighbors went to the Houston Car Show today and picked this up for me!

Matches mine that I picked up Monday! Except of course the wheels!!!

Larry Boatner
New Owner
Humble Texas

thats funny there will be another owner shortly here in houston with the same color combo. congrats on your new car.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
SOROUSCH

I talked with Kevin (KO) this week. Bought this one from Tomball Ford. New on MSO W/Warranty. Can't wait to see that Monster of yours!!!

Thanks, enjoying every minute-Traded in a new Shelby GT500- just wouldn't fill the needs.

Larry

Attachments

• DSCF5128.jpg
    DSCF5128.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 286

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome Larry, please register above your ride, nice color.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Bony,

Nice to talk to you! I did in the Registry, is there another place I need too?
Will be helping support also. Great site! I have used it already to inform my dealership what was wrong with my gauges that don't work. Took the thread on Kevins problem straight to the Service Manager and told him to order the guages (back order 3-4 months) and the computer. He was very impressed I had that info.

Thanks

You can e-mail me if you need to show the NFG what to do.

Larry Boatner
Tugboatlb@aol.com
281-812-4076 WK
281-380-4876 Cell
888-775-3113 Toll free

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
LArry,

Bony can show you how that color combo looks on a diet..........of course Bony's white & blue GT weight loss clinic isn't cheap

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
LArry,

Bony can show you how that color combo looks on a diet..........of course Bony's white & blue GT weight loss clinic isn't cheap

Carbon Fiber....GT's crack diet. :wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dats right! No heavy stripes on #1153 and cf everywhere!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
JBSteven,

I talked with the Lambo dealer here in Houston when he had a couple of GT's but we couldn't get close on the price! I see you have a gallardo. He had a Murcilago on the showroom floor last week. Boy what a great looking car. Too bad they can't hardly keep up. Hope to meet some of the Texas guys soon and especially the Houston Guys!!!

Larry

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I almost bought the red Murcie last week but choose the 07 Gallardo Spyder instead. I bought my GT from them about 3 months ago and my 575 from them about 18 moths ago.

They are a LITTLE more expensive than other places on the net or outside Houston but I don't mind paying a little extra to have a place locally where I buy my cars. I like putting my hands on them and seeing them in person compared to doing the trust a seller or the PPI route. Also, they seem to care what the cars look like when they sell them. They will usually fix wheels if they need it, repaint front ends etc to make them look good before selling. I sold them my 575 and it had a spot the size of a dollar bill on the lower front spoiler where I lightly bumped it on a curb. It spider webbed the painted and really didn't need to be resprayed but they sent it out to respray the front end.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
I enjoy just stopping by and looking in the service area, he normally has all types of fun cars. He has an old Nascar, an original 66 GT350 and other fun toys. The owner is a car nut like us. What Gt did you buy from them? I remember the Red/White and the White/Blue ones. I also looked at both.

Thanks

Larry

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Dats right! No heavy stripes on #1153 and cf everywhere!

Daniel,
How about some recent photos your gal?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I enjoy just stopping by and looking in the service area, he normally has all types of fun cars. He has an old Nascar, an original 66 GT350 and other fun toys. The owner is a car nut like us. What Gt did you buy from them? I remember the Red/White and the White/Blue ones. I also looked at both.

Thanks

Larry

I bought the White/Blue one with 770 miles on it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Larry,

there will be cars and coffee the first saturday of every month, usually you will find most of the gt owners (houston and the surrounding area) there, it starts at 8:30 am and is held at the uptown starbucks parking lot. hope to see you there next time.:cheers

soroush

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Sorousch

Dang it! That weekend I am at Horseshoe Bay. My son is 16 and playing at a TJGT Tour Championship golf tournament. We travel quite a bit for his golf, but, I will try to keep this next one in March open. I would really like to meet the guys. That was one of the problems with the GT. NO place for the golf clubs except the passenger seat. haha
I am a member of the Houston Cobra Club and we meet 2nd sat. of each month. Very active club. Last meeting at Monument Inn on the ship channel 50+ people were there. I built a Cobra Kit last year with my son. Same horsepower as the GT but not nearly the handling!! OR the fun.

Thanks

Larry

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Sorousch

Dang it! That weekend I am at Horseshoe Bay. My son is 16 and playing at a TJGT Tour Championship golf tournament. We travel quite a bit for his golf, but, I will try to keep this next one in March open. I would really like to meet the guys. That was one of the problems with the GT. NO place for the golf clubs except the passenger seat. haha
I am a member of the Houston Cobra Club and we meet 2nd sat. of each month. Very active club. Last meeting at Monument Inn on the ship channel 50+ people were there. I built a Cobra Kit last year with my son. Same horsepower as the GT but not nearly the handling!! OR the fun.

Thanks

Larry

Larry how long have you been a member of the cobra club? about a few years ago I met up with them on the 2nd saturday, I brought my acapulco blue boss 302 that that was loud and obnoxious, btw, if you cant make the first saturday of the month there is also an event called urban speed on the second sunday of every month, it is also packed with gts and other exotic car, I think you will enjoy it, if you are interesed it starts at 9:00am and its at the urban livivg building on 5023 washington ave houston tx 77007

soroush

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Soroush

I have been a member a couple of years!! We have the annual Texas Cobra Club meet coming up in San Marcos the last weekend in March. Last year we had 80 Cobras and 2-3 GT's. At that time I didn't get their names but one was from Dallas in Gulf Colors. My biggest problem now is which to take the Cobra or the GT!! Probably Cobra unless I can find a 2 car trailer. Here is the Web site if you have a chance to look at it. Maybe a roadtrip that weekend!!!

http://www.texascobrameet.com

Will try my best to make the Urban Speed meet.

Thanks for your help.

Larry

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
JBSteven,

I talked with the Lambo dealer here in Houston when he had a couple of GT's but we couldn't get close on the price! I see you have a gallardo. He had a Murcilago on the showroom floor last week. Boy what a great looking car. Too bad they can't hardly keep up. Hope to meet some of the Texas guys soon and especially the Houston Guys!!!

Larry

I bought a blue/white stripe car from them 2 years ago now. Gary Seale
was great to work with.

I stopped by the cars and coffee event on Jan 3rd and there were some great cars there. 67 GT 500 was my favorite, but 68gtrcode had a whole
collection of cars there, including a GT.