hot button/ top seat inserts for six point harness belts

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
anybody have those to sell?,got the buttons just looking for the top piece to match

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Check with Exoticare, a supporting vendor of this Forum, in the products section, I think a recent batch has been made.

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
he said a member here Pe2unia makes them,im trying to find him

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

It's forum member @pe2unia (John)

Email info@tricountyaire.com

Forum member page https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/members/pe2unia.1403/

... I got a set from him. They're super nice (y)

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Extrap - thanks! Do you possibly have a photo of these top harness inserts handy? As it's been a while since I've seen them and I forgot if the finish is polished or brushed (like the hot buttons)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hi Randy - I was thinking I took good pix of them up close when I got em out of the shipping box, but that was actually @pe2unia 's engine braces.

This weekend I'll take some close-ups and post ASAP ... that'll give me some more photog practice :) They are definitely very nicely made, they fit in the OEM seat hole perfectly, very nice finish, and they're brushed aluminum (not polished) on the surfaces you see and milled on the back surfaces that are entirely hidden, certainly quality worthy of the GT, and match the seat buttons. I'll snap a pic or 2 with a seat button right next to these upper inserts, too.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
So it's an entire replacement piece, not an overlay like the buttons?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
So it's an entire replacement piece, not an overlay like the buttons?

Right, you remove 4 (I think) small screws from the rear of the OEM upper seat insert, remove the OEM black plastic front half and place the new aluminum front half piece in there, and screw it back together. It's super simple in concept, except the OEM pieces fit very tightly together, so getting the front and rear pieces to separate requires some effort / a little prying, and it was hard to determine exactly where to pry and what direction; then putting the new aluminum piece in place requires about the same effort. And the hole in the seat they fit in is pretty tight too, with the seat's padding and leather. I will say, they are never gonna rattle! :) And, once I did 1 the 2nd one was easier, as is often the case. I don't wanna scare you off, not at all, just takes a little patience, and gentle prying with care so you don't scratch anything or slip and gouge anything. And who knows, maybe yours won't be quite so tight. Plus this was on my perfect-O 351-mile GT which has nary a scratch anywhere, so I was being ultra careful in order to keep it that way! (y) :)

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Just installed the ones I bought some time ago--they look great! Highly recommended.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Pix ... click to zoom:
IMG_1506b.jpg

IMG_1517b.jpg

The OEM rear pieces showing the 4 screws:
IMG_1524.JPG

Reactions: GT Tech

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Excellent, thank you Extrap for doing this, much appreciated and the piece and install look perfect! As you mentioned the finish match looks superb.

I like the finishing touch of the "GT" engraving too.

Reactions: extrap

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I’ve got billet inserts in my car, but a few forum members have just painted the original plastic units silver

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Extrap. I just found this thread which not only includes an "installed" photograph by you, but also some "unboxing" photos, which show the craftsmanship. See, your memory was correct about having taken pics.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Extrap. I just found this thread which not only includes an "installed" photograph by you, but also some "unboxing" photos, which show the craftsmanship. See, your memory was correct about having taken pics.

Ah, good (y) Sadly I'm not as organized as I thought! 😭

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

He told me his machinist is possibly going to be able to get to these in the future. I hope it is sooner rather than later.

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
I have an unopened set of hot buttons that has been sitting on my shelf for over 10 years. Never installed. $250 takes them. PM me if anyone is interested.

Reactions: DakotaGT

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I have an unopened set of hot buttons that has been sitting on my shelf for over 10 years. Never installed. $250 takes them. PM me if anyone is interested.

PM sent!