Hi-End Car theft European style

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Anybody have experience using satellite tracking systems? I've always been interested in using a tacking system on a few items and I have no idea where to start.

QSS

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Anybody have experience using satellite tracking systems? I've always been interested in using a tacking system on a few items and I have no idea where to start.

QSS
Remember the new GT has Ford Pass. They would need to disconnect or drain the battery to make it untraceable, but then moving it around would be a bear. Easiest way to steal one would be with a key, but easily tracked.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Is Ford Pass included with a new Ford GT purchase? Or do we need to activate it and subscribe?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Download the
Is Ford Pass included with a new Ford GT purchase? Or do we need to activate it and subscribe?
Download the Ford Pass app and scan the VIN in with the app barcode reader. It’s free.

Reactions: SYCO GT

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I'm surprised you did not know about this. Steve had me hooked up during the delivery process. It's cool you can start the car remotely from your phone and shut it off. Car show crowds love it.Screenshot_20210514-221554_FordPass.jpg

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I have a couple of Spot trackers on boats and vehicles. They work well and inexpensive annual fees.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm surprised you did not know about this. Steve had me hooked up during the delivery process. It's cool you can start the car remotely from your phone and shut it off. Car show crowds love it.

Well, I just looked and I do have the app on my phone, but it's not set up / connected yet, so I will try to get that dialed in tonight. Thanks!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks 68R, I am all set now. Ready to show off tomorrow at the car show. 100 supercars expected.

IMG_4730.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

QSS

We are using momentum in our commercial vehicles. Pay a small monthly fee, plug a unit into OBD II. Works well. Go online and track where your vehicle is.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Here is a website with info:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
It would be cool if the GT pictured on the Ford Pass would match your spec. My F150 and GT350 do...

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I'm surprised you did not know about this. Steve had me hooked up during the delivery process. It's cool you can start the car remotely from your phone and shut it off. Car show crowds love it.View attachment 63188
I have it on my F-150. The car show crowds go insane when I start it with my phone.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have a cool part is if you leave it in track mode and then start it remotely that really wows people!
Go idea eh?

Reactions: extrap