Hey, At Least They Mentioned The GT

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Here is an article in Velocity Magazine about my Honda FCX Clarity Fuel Cell Car. At least I got them to mention the GT!

Attachments

• Honda_V4.pdf
    895.7 KB · Views: 215

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"... than snugging up to trees." (?!)

Did you mention to them that (unfortunately) the occasional FGT IS found snugging up to a tree? :biggrin

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
"... than snugging up to trees." (?!)

Did you mention to them that (unfortunately) the occasional FGT IS found snugging up to a tree? :biggrin

You gotta good point there:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice article Jim. It's good to be the man. :wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I enjoyed it as well, thanks for posting

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Thanks DBK & Bony! If any GT Forum members want to drive the Clarity, PM me and we will set something up:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jim,
Have you figured out yet how to dial up the pony's...???
Happy New Year!
Daniel

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Jim,
Have you figured out yet how to dial up the pony's...???
Happy New Year!
Daniel

Well, I did get her up to 100mph (which it is limited to). The car was willing to do a lot more. Honda had a fuel cell concept sports car at the LA show that looked amazing. I think in our not to distant future, we may have some fuel cell super cars! Let me know when you are down this way to take her for a spin.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Jim, just caught BBC's Top Gear and they were test driving the Honda Clarity while making a quick stop to get Jay Leno's perspective. Was that your ride?

Any updates on your driving impressions?

Last edited:

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Jim, just caught BBC's Top Gear and they were test driving the Honda Clarity while making a quick stop to get Jay Leno's perspective. Was that your ride?

Any updates on your driving impressions?

That car was the press car. Honda has one press car that they use for stuff like that. They try not to bug the owners (only 9 of us in the world so far). However, they tend to call me because they know I'm a car guy and love stuff like this:biggrin

As for an update; I have had the car over a year now. I have about 20,000 miles on it (the most miles of the 9). I call the driving experience gliding. The electric motor kicks butt and is as smooth as silk. As a daily driver, I reall love the car (and it doesn't hurt to be able to go on the diamond lane, it has saved me countless hours on the fwys). I only less than two years left on the lease. I dread handing the car back. I have already started begging Honda to give me another or extend the lease:wink