Heritage w/ Side Stripes!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I saw this on ebay - a heritage with side stripes! I think it looks pretty sharp. the listing says that this is actually a factory job and that this car is 1 of 1. pretty cool if its true...

2694642_15.jpg

2694642_3.jpg

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-ONLY-896-MILES_W0QQitemZ180219885108QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180219885108

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
In addition to the custom paint scheme, this FGT evidently has another unique feature of "traction control." :skep:rolleyes

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I question the stripes as being factory. It's my understanding that they never did that on any Heritage. Maybe one of the guys from the mothership can confirm that.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
It also said to call to schedule a test drive. Someone should test launch this thing to see why more GT's don't have the traction control option, and if you should happen to get T-boned, the side air bags will protect you. :cheers

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
It also lacks the roundels. This is the second one I've seen (without them). I like that look. The side stripes are more of a distraction to me though.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I question the stripes as being factory.

The side stripes are more of a distraction to me though.

The dual stips just don't look right to me.

Here is a pic of mine with the rocker panels done as a solid.

To each his own.

Attachments

• My GT at Saleen on 08-10-08.jpg
    My GT at Saleen on 08-10-08.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 520

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Spirit, the solid lower panel looks awesome! It really finishes the look, and looks like the factory did it. :thumbsup

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Spirit - i agree with Rocman, i like your solid panels much better and it does look more "correct" to the eye.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Now if he would just WASH IT!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yeah... wash it, or we call FGT Protective Services out.. NOW SIR :)
Nice white car in that pic :)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
that car is 1 of 0. It did not come from the factory that way. Maybe the DEALER added the stripes for him, but I just dont believe that Wixom did those stripes....

Last edited:

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
Spirit-Those solid rockers do look 10X better than the dual side stripes!:thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jason to the Rescue

Now if he would just WASH IT!

Damn you're getting pickier Frank. Cars do get dirty if you drive them.

Right Empty Pockets? Well, I am not too sure if you know about this.

Jason could be this fellows salvation. Just to make Dr. Frank happy again.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
PL510*Jeff ... Cars do get dirty if you drive them. Right Empty Pockets? Well said:
Why, yes I do, Jeffey. For you see, I DO own a couple "daily drivers" and have found that, yea verily, inclement weather DOES modify the cleanliness level of said vehicles to the 'negative' side of acceptability ... so to speak.

(Yo mama...)

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
If someone will give me the vin., I can't acsess eBay from work, I will Vbom the car in oasis and see if it was built with side stripes. It is 100% sure way.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
If someone will give me the vin., I can't acsess eBay from work, I will Vbom the car in oasis and see if it was built with side stripes. It is 100% sure way.

1FAFP90SX6Y400885
It wasn't painted any diferently than the rest of the Heritages...

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Well, on the cars build sheet it was painted like the rest with PN3EH "Gulf blue". The only thing that is strange is when I look at the list of parts the car was built with there are 2 parts listed as "stripe kit" under the body finish section and not in the paint section. The part number for them will not come up in our Ford parts list, but that may be normal as some GT parts that are not common will not be in the parts catolog and have to be called in to get the part number. If that stripe kit was made only once or twice for that car it may not have been put in the parts catolog. Since the part number won't tell me exactly what it is or show me a picture of it I can't say for sure.I did look at the parts list for side stripes and the orange or"gulf" color is not listed. Sorry couldn't say for sure.

Last edited:

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Well, on the cars build sheet it was painted like the rest with PN3EH "Gulf blue". The only thing that is strange is when I look at the list of parts the car was built with there are 2 parts listed as "stripe kit" under the body finish section and not in the paint section. The part number for them will not come up in our Ford parts list, but that may be normal as some GT parts that are not common will not be in the parts catolog and have to be called in to get the part number. If that stripe kit was made only once or twice for that car it may not have been put in the parts catolog. Since the part number won't tell me exactly what it is or show me a picture of it I can't say for sure.I did look at the parts list for side stripes and the orange or"gulf" color is not listed. Sorry couldn't say for sure.

Do other Heritages come up the same as this one on the build sheets? Is it possible they dont show up in the paint section because these are vinyl appliques?

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
That would be a good way to tell. I would have to compare it to another Heritage car. Anyone want to donate there vin?

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Just saw your pm Quickdraw. never mind the vin.