Heritage cars are FASTER!?!?!?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Bman33 said:
Sorry guys but I just called and was assured that the red ones are definitely the quickest. Sorry for the let down.. But enjoy the car anyway :frown :willy

Red w/stripes :banana

Bman33, there is a bunch of "bliss" around here.
These fine gentlemen obviously are not aware that a "RED" GT40 driven by Mr Dan Gurney holds the track record at Le Mans for all GT40's, thus making Red with stripes the fastest of the GT's.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
Midnight Blue is fastest!

No way.
Ford tested all the color combinations and determined conclusively that Midnight Blue with White stripes is the fastest color combination.

Attachments

• FGT.jpg
    FGT.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
WTF! Are you guys NUTS?! Just because someone told me that the heritage felt faster everybody thinks the guys at Maroone are joyriding around in our cars?! $HIT! As far as the people at the dealership, I've never seen anybody take car of our cars like the guys at maroone, its almost like they're afraid the cars might bite them.

Mod guy, stop worrying about techs driving the cars and worry about giving my service advisor a raise and promotion for the way he takes care of me!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
SLF360 said:
here is the 'tech' that started the whole rumor, and rightly so got flogged by Mike D., President of the dealership in question... so the case may rest..

So how do we go about firing you? :lol :lol

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
what da f++k , I' d not start da mess..

abolfaz said:
So how do we go about firing you? :lol :lol
Hey, Mike ! I didn't start da mess against Maroone ftl.. why me, now !??

not fair, to either one..How come you are with 'us' by now, anyhow... //???

maroone slf360... !!!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
SLF360 said:
not fair, to either one..How come you are with 'us' by now, anyhow... //???

maroone slf360... !!!

:confused :confused :confused

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Where can I get some of those "go fast" 20hp per panel stickers? I'd like several for every body panel! :lol

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
abolfaz said:
WTF! Are you guys NUTS?! Just because someone told me that the heritage felt faster everybody thinks the guys at Maroone are joyriding around in our cars?! $HIT! As far as the people at the dealership, I've never seen anybody take car of our cars like the guys at maroone, its almost like they're afraid the cars might bite them.

Mod guy, stop worrying about techs driving the cars and worry about giving my service advisor a raise and promotion for the way he takes care of me!
Lol yea I wish we could get a promotion or a raise here but how it works we are stuck where we are. And yes its honestly like if we are afraid the cars will bite us if we get in em. Now if you take one of us for a ride then hey its on you to drive it how ever you feel like it and well just sit back and enjoy. But Mike and all the other GT guys you guys know we take care of your cars and we def dont take em out and beat on them. We just make sure you guys are taken care of for spending 160K+ on these cars. Its the least we can do for you.

Mod Friendly

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
In order to have a really fast car you need to save weight... that is why I did not order the center stripe. That is my story and I am sticking with it. Got to go, the light is on at Krispy Kreme :biggrin

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
OH Crap, never thought of weight. Maybe I should have the number 1 instead of 5, less vinyl. :lol

I think I remember reading that baby blue paint is lighter than all the others, so that makes up for the extra vinyl right? :biggrin

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hey Mod, I tried to take people for a ride, but everyone was afraid to go, I had to take my wife on the maiden drive.

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol you didnt ask me to go on a ride, Id be glad to go for a spin on a GT with any of you good folk. My thing is that I usually do the driving but hey this isnt a cobra or a saleen so its a lil diff to ask to drive lol. I have all my friends that come here basically give me keys to the car or drop them off at my house and I bring it to work, but im usually stuck with the cars for a few days cause they want me to just drive it and make sure everything is ok on them. Its fine by my but its a lil diff on a GT though. Something about that $150k+ price tag on it just scares me a bit.