Heritage cars are FASTER!?!?!?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I just droped my car off at the dealer again (it looks like its going to be gone for a week or more!) and I got a chance to speak to a couple of the guys at the dealership. I was told without a doubt from one of the techs (who has driven many different GT's) that the heritage car is noticibly quicker! Is that true? Whats the difference? Can the paint scheme make the car quicker? :frown Are my blue stripes slowing my car down!? :bs

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
He forgot to tell you they chipped the Heritage car... and it runs like it was suppost to before it met governmentt regulations.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aks them then if Blue with white stripes is not the fastest combo. They still have mine there, that beats the heritage by miles... :biggrin

Isn't it unbelievable what kind of bullshit dealership staff sometimes comes up with .. ? They can't be serious...

stefan

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I don't know how this "tech" is getting all the experience in multiple GTs.
They have Yours, SLF360's an my Heritage.
They best not be driving mine around as a performance check.

Let's take the threee of the out and run our own test.

They called and said my racing exhaust is in, but they can't install for over a week. Guess it's cause both of your cars are on the list first :bored

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Brian,
what exhaust did you get ? They still have my (catless) pipes into the Borla, hope they don't sell you that one just because I told them not to install it (yet) ..

Make sure you ask them upfront whay they charge for the install, and that you are happy with the price quote..

Yes, they better not take mine for a spin, without permission. I always note the miles on the odometer...

good idea, let's go rippin around with all tha SFL boys, sometime soon. need to come over anyhow before easter..

stefan

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
I hope you guys all checked the odometer before dropping them off!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
My pipes and chrome have all been on order since I bought the car.
Getting the Borla exhaust.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
SuperB said:
My pipes and chrome have all been on order since I bought the car.
Getting the Borla exhaust.

NOT UNTIL MINE IS DONE! I didn't mean to imply that the techs are driving our cars around, what I meant was that they drove the cars before they were sold and the techs conclusion was that the heritage car was noticibly faster!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I bet the techs continue to get a big laugh over that one every time they tell it. Have you noticed their noses are getting longer?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
abolfaz said:
I just droped my car off at the dealer again (it looks like its going to be gone for a week or more!) and I got a chance to speak to a couple of the guys at the dealership. I was told without a doubt from one of the techs (who has driven many different GT's) that the heritage car is noticibly quicker! Is that true? Whats the difference? Can the paint scheme make the car quicker? :frown Are my blue stripes slowing my car down!? :bs
I don't know what's more disturbing, the idea of the heritage being faster than the rest of us, or techs driving all these cars fast enough to tell the difference! :ack

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
he's pulling your chain...more urban legend crap...

Pipelion

No,

Heritage cars are faster, that's why I'm getting one. :biggrin

It worked at LeMans didn't it? Three years in a row. :rofl

Allan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Yeah,
and especially the first few miles off the production line, are exactly when the car should be brutally floored by some techs of the selling dealership, according to Ford's break in recommendations.. Sounds a bit too Bosnian to me !

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
There is only one person, I beleive, at our dealer that is authorized to drive the cars, and he must drive them a bit after many repairs.

I met the guy and he didn't really seem like the type to haul ass.
He actually seemed like he really didn't want to drive the car at all, affraid of scratching it.

Who was it that made the comment, I'll get it straghtened out with the dealer. I'm sure the president of that dealership would like to know about such comments that drive their most exclusive clients away.

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
Sorry guys but I just called and was assured that the red ones are definitely the quickest. Sorry for the let down.. But enjoy the car anyway :frown :willy

Red w/stripes :banana

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
I want this to be clarified right now since I do not appreciate my tech being talked about as some grease monkey who beats on peoples car. Yes he test drives each vehicle after repairs for any rattles or complications after doing any work. The drive is with the shopforeman and it is about 1 mile intown if that. Even then we let anyone dropping off a car know that we will be doing so if they authorize it. Joe does not like to take the cars out at all, main reason is that he does not feel comfortable driving around in someones 150k car just because. If he has to he will if not then he will park it up front and be done with it. Not all techs are like that, Ive had the pleasure of working with Joe for a few years now and I personally have a great deal of respect for him. He treats the cars as if they were his and does not do anything to them that does not need to be done. The gentleman who have stepped foot at our dealer have all been intruduced to him and are more than welcome at anytime to see him work and how he does things. But all this talk of just random bsn' by my tech needs to stop. It doesnt go on, nor does he take in any part of it, the same goes for the advisors here. We do our best to accomodate everyone in but things do take some time, one thing we dont do is take the cars for granted or the owners. Again sorry for the rant but I just dont appreciate my guys being talked about or compared to some grease monkey that just doesnt care. Its 150 grand out of someones pocket, no one here at the dealer wants to be responsible for damaging it so we treat it as if it were our own and just be careful with them. No test drives without permission and if it is driven then its Joe and Mr. Bubeck the shop foreman. If you guys are still unsure then you can take either Bubeck or TIm, Brian or myself out with you before you pick the car up. The vehicles are moved from the canopy durning the day to the back of the shop to lock up at night, so if its here for a long period of time it may have a half mile to a mile depending on how longs its been added to it.

Jose

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
Red is still the fastest (Sorry Jose I couldn't resist) :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Andele !

Let's just rest it here, wow Jose, a bit a sensitive reaction. I think we guys just wanted to have some fun...

Anyhow, Blue with white stripes is fastest. :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol yea it definatly wasnt from my end about the comments. In all honesty the heritage is fastest because it has the most stickers on it. Stickers = 20 rwhp per panel.

I just dont want you guys to think that we are taking your cars for "joy rides" at our service department. We are very strict with who gets the car. Its setup basically to go from Advisor to Joe Ranalli and back to advisor. Thats it.

But yea heritage is fastest cause of the stickers, they add 20 rwhp per panel.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
That's what I said MOD, but the original comments were based on a comment that was allegedly made by some employee at your shop.
I don't know if that's true or not, but if it were, that employee has certainly caused a lot of trouble and needs a floggin'.
If it's not true, we will flog whomever started all the nonsense. :wink