The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
samthejeepman said:
where is hennessey located ??
and if you don't mind, how much did it run
i was going a different tune route, but yours sounds like a winner !

sam
#1451-----------red/white
#3 extreme------red

Sam,
Give Jason Heffner a call at (941)359-0900 and tell him I sent you. Then give Rich and Dennis a call in Detroit. Heffner can drop ship the parts to teh GT Guys. They did my car, as well as Bony's, shesgotlegs, and a number of other guys. I got my pulley and tune from Jason in 2 days, Dennis had it on the car in a couple hours at Rich's house. It's bulletproof, it'll make about 600rwhp, and it can be done while your car is still here.

As has been mentioned previously, nobody, and I mean that literally, knows the car better than Dennis.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
DBK said:
Sam,
Give Jason Heffner a call at (941)359-0900 and tell him I sent you. Then give Rich and Dennis a call in Detroit. Heffner can drop ship the parts to teh GT Guys. They did my car, as well as Bony's, shesgotlegs, and a number of other guys. I got my pulley and tune from Jason in 2 days, Dennis had it on the car in a couple hours at Rich's house. It's bulletproof, it'll make about 600rwhp, and it can be done while your car is still here.

As has been mentioned previously, nobody, and I mean that literally, knows the car better than Dennis.

I think Jason gets his parts from Hennessey. I know both of them well, and either would do a great job!

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
HEnnessey has my car today getting the upgrade. I will post the dyno sheets before and after later today.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
What are you having done?

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I have the IDA exhaust. Adding pulley and tune....I will post results..

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Is Hennessey guaranteeing a quick turnaround? I believe some of his previous problems were related to lengthy turnaround times.

Big Carrot...how long did he have your car?

Mar 15, 2006
Thanks Kevin, have fun with your GT this weekend! Talk to you soon.

John Hennessey

Mar 15, 2006
TEXAS GT said:
Is Hennessey guaranteeing a quick turnaround? I believe some of his previous problems were related to lengthy turnaround times.

Too darn long that is how long. I think Crocket spent the day hanging around the shop while we did the work. Having him here all day was brutal!

Mar 15, 2006
Jason is a great guy and will take great care of any GT owner. Many GT owners will have work done by the best shop closest to them. We take care of GT's in Texas and as far away as Seattle. This site seems to do a good job of helping GT owners find good shops in their area.

John

DBK said:
Sam,

Mar 15, 2006
TEXAS GT said:

Depending on mods, we usually turnaround GT's in 1-2 days.

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I dropped my car off at Hennessey at noon yesterday and picked it up on my way home today at 5:00PM. With IDA before mods 515rwhp...after 642...John thinks the IDA H pipe flows better than headers and racing muffler...my scanner is down at the house but I will post the dyno sheets Tuesday. Car feels 500lbs lighter! Thanks John....

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I just did the 18 psi pulley from Dallas Mustangs and had a shop down here in NM tune the car with the SCT tunner. Cost was like 600 bucks for the pulley like 500 bucks to install and maybe 300 for the tune. So for 1400 bucks my car made 642rwhp hot! Stock exhaust and paper filters.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
TEXAS GT said:

I drove down, so it only took a few hours. I hung out at the shop, and went for rides in all sorts of sick vehicles! John has a twin turbo SRT8 Jeep that is crazy! It would be pretty cool to pull up next to a C6 and lay waste to him!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Your car mod results look great and super quick turn around! Do you know the diameter of the new pulley? Did Hennesy log the boost level?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I looked on Dallas Mustang web site and they list the 18psi pulley as 2.7". Has any body seen what kind of boost you get with 2.7 pulley? Maybe in a previous post, i'll look it up.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
From a previous post, the Kenne bell web site list the boost on a 2 3/4 pulley as 15 lbs and boost on a 2 5/8 pulley as 16.5 lbs.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade in any way, and your hp is what is it, I'm just trying to get correct info on pulley size and boost level.

Mar 15, 2006
californiacuda said:
I looked on Dallas Mustang web site and they list the 18psi pulley as 2.7". Has any body seen what kind of boost you get with 2.7 pulley? Maybe in a previous post, i'll look it up.

We run a 2.68 in. pulley like on Kevin's GT. It makes 16 psi of boost. Kevin - how did your GT run today at MSR?

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Black GT said:
I just did the 18 psi pulley from Dallas Mustangs and had a shop down here in NM tune the car with the SCT tunner. Cost was like 600 bucks for the pulley like 500 bucks to install and maybe 300 for the tune. So for 1400 bucks my car made 642rwhp hot! Stock exhaust and paper filters.

Great #'s!! You can't be running 93 Octane at 18 boost...right? Is your pulley size 2.5?

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
:banana John,

Tha car runs great. I think we helped the heat issue with the additive. It was 97 degrees out side and the hottest the car ran was 220. I think the extra power makes you realize just how good this car is. With the awesome brakes and chassis and the car does not feel like it over the edge. Thanks John. I will post the dyno charts Tuesday.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I live a mile high so my boost is almost 15psi. Most of the time it is right around 14psi. So I am loosing about 3 to 4 psi at attitude. I run 91 octane.