Hemmings March Issue 2011

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Two page spread of GT's at the Barn IV. Thanks to the host for organizing the event and the special guests. Thanks to Hemmings for the coverage.

Stu

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Can you post it? how did it all come out...I hope everyone will be happy as I really didnt see the final cut........gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Last edited:

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Joey,

Wait until you see it.

Thanks for raising thew value od all of our GT's
And Thank You for making it all happen.

Not get moving and call Car & Driver for next year!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
The article:

Attachments

• scan gt.pdf
    807.6 KB · Views: 309

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
Hemmings OOPS!!

While it is always nice to see your name in print, the general Hemmings reading public is being led to believe that I own a Tungsten car!! at least my car is seen in the photo in the far back of this shot!! I do want to say that GT JOEY and his family are at the best level of Human beings one can ever expect to meet! they gave so much of themselves for the Annual and all the attending guests. My son Dalton and myself had a great two days driving there, hanging out and driving home. I hope this Party continues to happen for a long time!! Thanks Guys

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I will run out a grab one this weekend!!!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Dave,

Say hello to my buddy Dalton for me....

GTJIMMY

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Quote Daltondavid: "Hemmings OOPS!!
While it is always nice to see your name in print, the general Hemmings reading public is being led to believe that I own a Tungsten car!! at least my car is seen in the photo in the far back of this shot!! I do want to say that GT JOEY and his family are at the best level of Human beings one can ever expect to meet! they gave so much of themselves for the Annual and all the attending guests. My son Dalton and myself had a great two days driving there, hanging out and driving home. I hope this Party continues to happen for a long time!! Thanks Guys "

Yes, I know. It says the Nardo car is an 04 when actually it is an 05. Best time ever in a GT was at GTJoey's. I hope Dalton is enjoying his "Nardo" replica.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thanks stu......I have been reading hemmings since im 13, to me its an honor...another dream come true.... another lifetime deal.....some guys like Gino get used to it as they are around this stuff all the time, but man this was really, really neat.ENJOY GTJOEY1314 and loving it.........

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Just got my Hemmings today. That looked like a great time. I guess after a year I am still a rookie and do not know the players. The other night my daughter was watching a movie and as I was walking through the room I thought, "damn that guy looks just like the guy who was staying in the Villa next to us at VIR." I had talked to Gino for some time at the track and had no idea of his background.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
And he's cute too.......yep this group has a great down to earth feeling.....all over the map minus THE FLASH OF "GTNJ".......:biggrin everyone else is low key...gtjoey1314/hates attention...:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The article:

"There was an error opening this document. Could not restore file"

'Have gotten that 3 times now over two days. Is this just a Microsoft InternetEXPLODER pblm, or are any of the rest of you having the pblm too?

H

HHGT

Use Mozilla/Fire Fox. It opens fine

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Nice read - well done guys!

Life is good,

Lance

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Just got my Hemmings. WOW....great article and coverage! Just need GTJoey to autograph it !

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just a note that Ellie and I sent a thank you basket from everyone to Rich L. and the staff at Hemmings and his brother David and wife Rita for thinking of "ALL" of us and the wonderful job they did at the barn....
Just incase you happen to bump into to them at any of the up coming shows......Thanks again....
GTJOEY1314

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
The article:

Thanks for posting the article. Brings back some nince memories to savor in the middle of the BLEAH!!! winter. Two small corrections to the text in the article, though: (1) my GTX1, although designated #2 by Genaddi, was actually the first one built. The SEMA show car, chassis, #1, came afterwards. I got this from two of folks at Genaddi who worked on the GTX1s. (2) The Cobra was a 289, not 427.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
As an important note, I wanted to make sure I had permission to post the article from Hemmings and received their permission:
with credit to Richard Lentinello
"Courtesy of Hemmings Motor News."

Stu