Help with VINs

Spigmont

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2007
Hey gang

So here's my issue. The application asks for VIN numbers as you know. But I have a problem with records.

GT #1 bought in 2008, totalled in 2008
GT #2 bought in 2009, drove 15K miles and sold during divorce
GT #3 bought another GT in 2012. Friend totalled it in 2012 (Her insurance not mine-- yippie)
GT #4 bought in 2013 and taking very good care of it. No one else drives my car but me, and it's much more fun to drive the speed limit and let people look

But I'm having an insane problem finding the VINs for the first couple of cars. Marv Rose sold me the first one but doesn't have records. Shelby sold me 2,3,4 but doesn't have records since moved to new shop.

I have tried the following-- called insurance companies (they don't have records going back that far)
Called tax collectors-- they have records but I have to show my ID in Mississippi (I live in Clemson, SC now)
Called sellers-- they don't have records
Gone through all my files-- I've moved a couple times and gotten divorced. So no joy there.

I simply cannot think of anything else. Anyone have other suggestions? They were all bought previously owned. Is there a website to look these things up on? (I can't think of what it would be). I thought perhaps I entered my first GT's VIN way back when I joined the forum to become an "owner" but honestly can't remember

DBK-- I messaged you about this, don't know if you can help.

I'm desperate so any suggestions will be explored. I know someone picked up the first one as a salvage and is driving it-- if you are reading this please send me a message with the VIN

I'm sure hoping that Ford doesn't take into account my personal history with the GTs. Thanks in advance for putting up with this [not fun] post.

Joe

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Shelby registry.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Insurance co regarding car #3 doesn't have records going back 4 years? How about the PD that was on the scene of the accident?
Any chance your old computer has pics of your window sticker or something like that? Or did u buy a car fax?

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Should be able to go to DMV and get a record of cars you have owned.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Did you take any of the cars for service ?
They should have them in their data base.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
You can always contact A. Cantrell Custom Homes, you know, the "letter to buy" thread...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Insurance policy(s) have the info. Suggest you contact the agent/broker you purchased the policy from.

Cobra Jeff may be of help on the GT registry.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
3 wrecks out of 4?

Not sure that helps your candidacy.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
3 wrecks out of 4?

For sure. Maybe just give details on car #4?
Especially if none were purchased new by you.

You can always mention that you have owned several other GTs dating back to 2008 in your final statement.

Otherwise, your insurance company has the info

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
3 wrecks out of 4?

:lol:lol +1

Spigmont

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2007
Heh--
Only 1 wreck for me out of 4. Although someone else did crash another one, I'm just doing my best to make the ones we have more rare. The first one I had them total but it was just a quarter panel. Who wants a repaired GT if the insurance company will buy a new one. Number 2 was driver about 18K miles but then had to sell it in the divorce. It's still out there.

I think I remember the website of the guy who bought the first one, so I should be able to get the VIN from his if he's still around. I have 3 and 4.

Insurance company says they only keep info for 5 years, so I'm outta luck there. And the sellers didn't keep the VINs for cars 1,2 and 3. Shelby moved to his new place but I guess everything didn't migrate with him.

Some great ideas guys. THANKS!!

Joe

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Got to hand it to ya.. you seem very dedicated to own a GT.

Who's the guy that sends the "I want to buy your GT" mailers? Maybe he has the VINs. :wink

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Best of luck, but Ford may seek an injunction to keep you at least 2500 feet from a new GT.

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
Best of luck, but Ford may seek an injunction to keep you at least 2500 feet from a new GT.

+1

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The application only asks for VIN #'s for your current GT, and doesn't ask for VIN's for past cars owned, but not currently in your stable. I added a description of my past two (of five) previously owned FGT's. I have records of all VIN's for my past cars, and was prepared to provide it, but the Ford application doesn't ask for the specific VIN numbers on previously owned cars. Add this info in your comments section, but I would suggest leaving the details about the wrecks out.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The guy from Texas buys registration data available through RR Donelly. The database only includes cars that are currently registered. That route won't help, but as I stated in my earlier post, having this info is a moot point anyway.

Spigmont

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah Yeah! Hey, I'm doing what I can to make the 05/06 models as rare as possible. And yes I'm immensely attached to the car.

Tim, I just checked my application and they ask about other GTs. If you enter a VIN (don't know if it has to be valid) it asks when you bought it, how much you drove it, when you sold it, etc. Dunno, maybe I somehow tweaked my application just right.

Only place I can get the info is from the DMV who want me standing in front of them in Mississippi with my driver's license to give it to me. Apparently VINs are some sensitive information (good grief). I'm just mentioning it in my statement-- maybe adding a link to the "wreckedexotics" website.

Thanks all for the suggestions. It was greatly appreciated.

Now to finish the application and get it sent off.

Cheers!