Help! My GT has rats.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I thought I noticed a few little shadows on my blower when looking in my rear view mirror. After close inspection, I was able to determine that the "shadows" were actually rat turds and some yellow pee highlights. Once I had all of the excrement removed I noticed that there were some odd-shaped patches where the silver paint had apparently come off.

I don't need an exterminator but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced an SC paint problem. (My GT has 50K miles.) Is it only rat-related or has someone else's paint deteriorated like this? Should I just take my cat with me when I drive the GT? Also, what is the paint code for the SC?

Thanks to all of my friends for whatever help you can offer.

Aloha,

Dave

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oooh Iccch! I can attest to what rodents can do without even eating. We had a nice brass plated bed we got for our youngest daughter. When we moved to Colorado we stored it in a garage since we didn't have room for it . It was wrapped in a moving blanket. The mice nested and p****d on it and ruined the finish. It wasn't real brass so couldn't be polished so we tossed it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Rodent piss is corrosive!

Another owner had a nest inside of the airbox. You should check that and the path from the clamshell ducts leading to the airbox.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Put Wiggles to work! Funny they would come after your GT and not the other cars.

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Get them out quick! I know a guy who had them eat through the wiring harness of his m3, and another guy who had 2 brand new benzs with the same story.