Help - How can I find some used parts?

PaulC

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2018
Birmingham, Michigan
I recently purchased my first GT. It is a 2006. I am in need of some parts and I am hoping someone has them laying around and is willing to sell them.

I need (or would like):

1. Speedometer (mine is not working which I hear is somewhat common).
2. Subwoofer housing between seats. (I have the storage unit and would like to return it to a subwoofer/speaker).
3. Trunk cover.
4. Would like: The radio bracket made by Kip Ewing to upgrade to double din screen head unit.

Any of these will help or any advice I am all ears and learning.

Thank you,
Paul

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You can send us your speedometer and we can repair it and return it to you.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Please call Kevin at M2K Motorsports to acquire the double din I know we have a couple in stock. We purchased the molds from Kip and have the DINS in either carbon fiber or fiber glass painted to match the interior.

Kevin Kesterson
281-346-8114 or email at kevin@m2kmotorsports.com

Thanks,
Mark H.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
You can send us your speedometer and we can repair it and return it to you.

I would do this. I'm local to you and just removed my instrument cluster. I can show you how to do it if you need help. My cluster is still apart.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I recently purchased my first GT. It is a 2006. I am in need of some parts and I am hoping someone has them laying around and is willing to sell them.

Paul, here is a link to a lot of GT parts on ebay. And welcome to the Ford GT Forum!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...c=1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_fosrp=1

Last edited:

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
You sure your car came with the upgraded Mcintosh stereo system from the factory? I find it odd that the previous owner would swap out the subwoofer for the storage unit?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I have a sub and enclosure id sell. I'd also like a non sub enclosure for my car.

Have kendall repair your speedo!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You sure your car came with the upgraded Mcintosh stereo system from the factory? I find it odd that the previous owner would swap out the subwoofer for the storage unit?

MANY owners did this.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
To each his own, of course, including the OP.

I'm surprised that anyone wants the subwoofer between the seats enough to search for one.

Should be plenty of them around somewhere.

Goes to show all FGT parts should be saved, likely one day the OEM mufflers will be in demand.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
MANY owners did this.

Yes, but wasn't it a subwoofer relocate, ie the speaker behind the passenger seat? If there is no subwoofer at all I'd want to verify the amplifier is there before adding it back.