Help a Newbie looking for a GT

Fthompson

Spectator
Feb 21, 2013
Tennessee
Hello all!
After sitting on the sidelines way too long, I have finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Ford GT. I am really not set on one particular color. From what I can gather, the Gulf Edition is the most expensive and other colors seem to vary depending on how many were made. I think they look good in pretty much any color, but if I had to pick a couple favorites, I would say the Gulf blue & orange and the midnight blue. I may be barking up the wrong tree as I realize this is a discussion board for Ford GT owners, but if any of you guys are looking to sell your beloved GT, I am looking to purchase. Open on color and low miles would be nice but may consider a higher mile car if the price is attractive. Shoot me a PM or you may email me at franktomgt@yahoo.com

Thanks and hope to be joining the owners circle very soon!

Last edited:

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Good luck! I looked for about a year...then got swept off my feet by a black one. They are out there. Be patient. And...check with Elite Autos on this forum. I have never dealt with them but MANY accolades from other members.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I also looked for over a year before finding what I wanted. Getting what you want may cost an extra 10-15k but in the scope of things it is a small percentage of total cost.
You will not regret your purchase.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
All colors look great. Red is fast.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
All colors look great. Red is fast.

Fast is color blind.

Fast comes from driver skill and a pulley/tune, a bigger blower or turbos. :)

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Think about this too. If you're just going to take a stock car and put pulley/tune, trans cooler, clear bra and window tint, etc. on the car, just get one that has those mods already done. As long as they were installed by a reputable person (most of them here) you can get them already done for about 1/2 the price as doing it on your own.

The general rule for mods is they get about 50% of original cost on a resale so you're ahead to get them already done if you like them or would do them yourself.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Hello all! ld say the Gulf blue & orange and the midnight blue.

Midnight blue = that's a guy with great taste for beauty

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
I went for a White with Blue stripes. She looks very very clean and she reflects the city lights perfectly in night time from her sexy shapes but now when I have seen OzGT's all black GT on the Top Gear episode I have to say in that color it looks very bad ass. But I have promised my self to never buy a black car again...

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
I'm very keen on a yellow and Silver FGT.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Best of luck with your search. Sorry we did not have exactly what you are looking for at the moment, but as I told you our inventory changes weekly, so stay intouch. :)

Fthompson

Spectator
Feb 21, 2013
Tennessee
Still looking. I see that another member has been added to the ranks. I hope to be making that post soon enough. Thank you to the couple of people that have sent me messages. The leads are appreciated. The search continues.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
good luck on your search,

I too had to wait for a year and half to find the right car, but it will be worth it at the end.

Horsepower

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2012
I have a Midnight Blue GTX which I love but a friend of mine has a White with Blue stripes and I have to admit I think it is the best color out there
Good luck on your search
Horsepower

Treviso

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
PM sent

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I have a Midnight Blue GTX which I love but a friend of mine has a White with Blue stripes and I have to admit I think it is the best color out there

+1

SAcobra427

GT Owner
Nov 15, 2010
Pa
When I first started looking for a GT I was set on Blue or Black but then after looking for a bit I started to realize that the color is really not as important as I first had thought. The shape and style of the car is so perfect I realized I didnt care what color I got.

Good luck in your search, TP

BTW I ended up with a Tungsten

Fthompson

Spectator
Feb 21, 2013
Tennessee
Still on the hunt for a nice Ford GT. Please send me a message if you know of or want to sell yours.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I too have been searching for a FGT for sale that fits my unique criteria and you have to act fast when the right car comes along. Like you I am not looking for a garage queen and higher miles does not bother me. I have had a couple slip by me. My impression is it takes a while to find the right car unless you want to pay top dollar to a dealer.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Frank Barba has his white/blue for sale. Look in the threads under Carlisle.