Heffner Twin Turbo Audi R8

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
For the past few months we have been developing our system for the Audi R8 V8 and will be getting started on the V10 shortly. If you've ever driven one you already know that it's a great car but lacked the horsepower to thrill you. We have solved this issue! The car in stock form makes a bit over 350 horsepower to the wheels. At 6 psi the car makes over 530 to the wheels and on 100 octane we have made over 580 to the wheels with a stock engine. There are lots of good pictures on our web site, http://heffnersperformance.com/heffner_audi.htm . Enjoy.
Heffner-audi-twin-turbo-4.jpg

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice job Jason!:thumbsup But we wouldn't expect anything less from our former Maryland native:biggrin

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oh yeah, just as I was telling my inlaws I was going to leave this one stock, you had to go and show me this. :biggrin

John

ps. I quess I could tell my wife I was getting a new muffler put on. Hmmm, in theory I would be.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Oh yeah, just as I was telling my inlaws I was going to leave this one stock, you had to go and show me this. :biggrin

John

ps. I quess I could tell my wife I was getting a new muffler put on. Hmmm, in theory I would be.

That's funny. Both the theory of no MODS to this one, and the story for the wife!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
That's funny. Both the theory of no MODS to this one, and the story for the wife!

Yep, I was called out on another chat site (Ferrarichat), for not leaving things alone.
The quote was "why don't you just buy what you want and leave it alone"! Guess it's in my genes to see how far you can go with it.

I mean seriously, doesn't the new muffler sound right. I need some support here.
John

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
..............I need some support here.
John

I hear you. I won't tell anyone.:thumbsup

I know of a "guy" who explained to his wife, that the car was in the shop while he had the side window replaced after a minor scrape.:eek

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Wow! What a gorgeous installation. Looks absolutely stock, yet hand assembled. Nice job Jason.:thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Geez, your turbo installations and associated exhaust and intake tubes are truly works of art!! Really beautiful Jason. The GT TT's, the Gallardo's, the Murci, and now the R8. It's a pity that they have to be hidden by the bumper....

Aug 25, 2006
She looks BADASS !!

Now she will likely drive as she looks; as OEM they are a bit .... sluggish

Shadowman

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Jason:
With the additional grunt the TT V-8 makes, how much more power will the TT V-10 have? Will the upgraded V-10 even have any benefit over the TT 8?

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I expect the V10 R8 will make similar numbers to the LP560 (around 700 rwhp on 93 octane). The TT V8 cars will handily outrun the factory V10 cars.